Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   "Make it round" mug rug swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/make-round-mug-rug-swap-t181969.html)

dixie_fried 04-22-2012 03:29 PM

Lynnie--can't wait for a real picture of that Matryoshka doll! I adore them and can't believe you made a mug rug of one. I may try one myself, if you don't mind?

LeslieFrost 04-22-2012 05:02 PM

Mamaskeeto, I'm so glad that you like them! They were fun to make!

Thanks for thinking of this Swap, ABDC!

Originally Posted by Mamaskeeto (Post 5162229)
Received my mug rugs from Leslie Frost on Friday but waited until today to open her package. I waited because I had 1 more to finish for her plus it was graduation weekend for us.

I loved all the mug rugs but have to say my favorite is the one with the coffee cups. She also sent a few fat quarters and the cutest post-it note paper.

Thanks Leslie.

I'll be mailing your package after work on Monday.

jaciqltznok 04-22-2012 08:13 PM

WQQWOOOOhhOOOo...I got mine done tonight! I can not believe it....sewing does kill the foot, but I just had to get them done! The first one had the binding put on wrong, but in the end, it looks fine! I sure hope abdconsultant likes them!

I sure enjoyed this swap and can not wait to find out what is next!

LindaC 04-23-2012 12:22 AM

Oh I can't wait to see them in real life. Love the colours. Fear an phoist déan deifir (hurry up postman).

nancia 04-23-2012 12:28 AM

stand down, dixie! lol! i do believe that little mama is winging her way to me! can't wait, lyn ! thanks in advance!! yours should go out today.
abd-- i think i know how i'm going to put your mugrug together. there is no box for this one! i'm excited about getting it done. i will give you a hint-- great minds think alike.

Pam1111 04-23-2012 05:16 AM

I am mailing Tilted Ears box this morning to PA. Jenn- please be forgiving when you see my "round" tended to get a little un-rounded in spots! This was a fun swap and hopefully we will see another mug rug swap with another theme!!!

jaciqltznok 04-23-2012 08:15 AM

1 Attachment(s)
well, here is a pix of the ones I made. However, I won't be using these after all! Just need to read the rules more closely next time!...sigh...
[ATTACH=CONFIG]329946[/ATTACH]

Off to design 3 different ones!

MaryMo 04-23-2012 09:04 AM

Jacquie, I think these are super! Your applique is beautiful. :)

Mamaskeeto 04-23-2012 09:08 AM

Mug rugs on there way to Leslie Frost. Mailed this am - love APS machines.

jaciqltznok 04-23-2012 09:10 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by MaryMo (Post 5163989)
Jacquie, I think these are super! Your applique is beautiful. :)

thank you, but it is not applique! They are discharge dyed batiks! Then quilted to enhance them!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]329961[/ATTACH]