Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   March 2014 Pincushion & Needle Case Swap ~ Sign up closes March 1st (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/march-2014-pincushion-needle-case-swap-%7E-sign-up-closes-march-1st-t241867.html)

lynnie 03-02-2014 12:23 PM

NH where did you work. I worked for South Brooklyn Casket co, Now Milso. It goes by other names across the US. I did embroidery on the inside of the caskets and engrave the exterior. we used a lot of velvets so I made mini teddies out of the velvet. embroidering initials or little things like flowers on the chest be assembling them. came out cute. everyone wanted one.

nhnative 03-02-2014 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by lynnie (Post 6605396)
NH where did you work. I worked for South Brooklyn Casket co, Now Milso. It goes by other names across the US. I did embroidery on the inside of the caskets and engrave the exterior. we used a lot of velvets so I made mini teddies out of the velvet. embroidering initials or little things like flowers on the chest be assembling them. came out cute. everyone wanted one.

I worked at Batesville Casket in Nashua, NH. First I was a cutter, then I was Absentee Coverage and that was when someone was out I had to take their place so I had to learn every job in the stitching part, then I made head boards, then when they put me in front of the oven and I had to sand the caskets that came out of it I quit.

lynnie 03-02-2014 01:24 PM

oh, so we were competitors back then. Milso brought out York too, so you know the field too. A geat job and a great feeling of accomplishment with every embroidery I did. I loved it. Made more fancy pins for April,did them in pinks and silvers. Gonna start may next week. can't wait to get my names, just need to put it on the box and out it goes!!!!!!the snowing/steet stopped. should pick up about 6 pm est

nhnative 03-02-2014 01:33 PM

A few years after I left they laid everyone off and moved down south.

lynnie 03-02-2014 02:39 PM

Yeah, and MILSO took over a lot of the smaller mom and pop placers that were there. Now I understand it's MILSO and Batesville and a few smaller ones around the country. It's like 6 feet under, the big guy bought out all the little guys.( MILSO was Miller- South Brooklyn) now with their new logo, you don't know what they do.

I'm waiting patiently for my addy's. can't wait

klaws 03-02-2014 04:48 PM

I'm patiently waiting for my names also.

lawsonmugs 03-02-2014 05:17 PM

There was a York Casket in Marshfield mo. about 15 miles from me. They closed down about 5 yrs ago. A lot of people were there for years and years. It was sad when they closed. I'm waiting for my names too.I'm sure Lauriejo is very busy with it.It's sleeting and icy rain for the last hour or so again. Suppose to last till about 4 am. Everyone stay safe and warm. Hugs Mary

lynnie 03-02-2014 05:25 PM

Yes Mary, that's when Mildo took over all the Yorks that were out there. some
kept the name on the buildings, some closed. best job ever.
I'm waiting for my name too, can't hardly wait anymore. then I have to wait for
the next sign up. I have a waiting problem, but to be honest with you, I
have ADHD and that's my H part. It's very frustrating to deal with it on a daily
basis. I try to ignore it at times, but it's frustrating.

lawsonmugs 03-02-2014 05:32 PM

DID YOU HAVE FUN AT THE LIBRARY? Find anything interesting ?

lynnie 03-02-2014 06:48 PM

I went to print out a few things, no printer in our house. I went to print out the carrot table topper patterns, but couldn't get it to print. also to print out the chickens that someone posted earlier this week. you can put a plastic egg in it as a giftie. i'll put $ in it for my son (24). and get him some candy. thought it was a cute holder. waiting patiently for my swap partner. may pick it up tomorrow b/4 going to po. have a great evening everyone