Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   March 2014 Pincushion & Needle Case Swap ~ Sign up closes March 1st (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/march-2014-pincushion-needle-case-swap-%7E-sign-up-closes-march-1st-t241867.html)

lawsonmugs 03-16-2014 09:38 AM

nh your irises are beautiful.They are also nicknamed "flags" here. I don't know why. I wish I knew how to transfer my pictures from my older comp. to this one. I have several spring pictures on it that show redbuds and forsythia. Ya all have a good day. hugs Mary

lauriejo 03-16-2014 10:01 AM

Pat I didn't realize until you started posting pictures how much I have gotten out of the habit of taking pictures. I used to carry my camera everywhere and was always taking pics. Then I guess life got in the way and I forgot. You are inspiring me to start again.

lawsonmugs 03-16-2014 10:13 AM

For some reason my email for this swap is running about 24 hours behind. I just got one saying there was a new post and it was yesterdays. The other swaps etc. are fine. hummm.....

nhnative 03-16-2014 10:17 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I always take my camera with me. This is where I went today. Squire's Castle in the North Chagrin Reservation. It was 19 degrees so I just took pics and didn't go into the castle

lauriejo 03-16-2014 10:22 AM

How is it I've lived here all my life and never seen this??? I really need to get out more. The really funny thing is that when I used a film camera I took pictures all the time. Now that I could take millions for very little cost, I don't take any. Of course I don't go anywhere either lol.

fabric lover 03-16-2014 10:36 AM

I never realised you have real castles over there! Better return to school LOL.

Originally Posted by nhnative (Post 6629430)
I always take my camera with me. This is where I went today. Squire's Castle in the North Chagrin Reservation. It was 19 degrees so I just took pics and didn't go into the castle

lynnie 03-16-2014 10:42 AM

nice pics of flowers and castles. I love castles. I love flowers.
I just went outside and looked at the ground and lo and behold....
little green shoots are coming out of the ground, my tulips!!
then hostas. yippee, spring is coming, even though snow is coming
tomorrow night.
hope I get my pincushion tomorrow. I bought new mushroom beads
for my pins, now just to make them.

lauriejo 03-16-2014 10:47 AM

LOL I remember how shocked I was the first time I ever heard about a real castle in Ohio. Although our castles are much smaller than the castles of Europe.

nhnative 03-16-2014 10:48 AM

This actually is not a castle, a real castle. It is the gatehouse that was built first and then the wife didn't want to live there in the woods so he never built the rest of it. It doesn't even have a roof and the Metroparks took it over. They had a winter wedding there on Feb 14 and the whole wedding was on tv. It was so beautiful as it had snow and was even snowing during the wedding.

nhnative 03-16-2014 10:49 AM

There are lots of castles in the US. There was even one in NH