Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   March - Boom 18 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/march-boom-18-a-t284946.html)

marija 01-08-2017 03:57 PM

Are these chickens for real??

Originally Posted by Kassaundra (Post 7734866)
Here is Stripey Butt and an as yet unnamed female (the darker one) in winter clothes.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]565084[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]565085[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]565086[/ATTACH]

joanelizbay 01-08-2017 04:36 PM

LOL marija...indeed they are!!

Kassaundra 01-08-2017 04:58 PM

LOL LOL LOL I get that a lot. Yes they have a rare (and completely natural) genetic mutation. It is called scaleless. They do not have scales on their legs like all other chickens they also do not have feather follicles.

Janice McC 01-09-2017 09:45 AM

Regarding shipping packages, you may ship in whatever container you wish as long as there's tracking. The mailers I use are ONLY available at USPS.com. They are free but you must make an account but you need not supply any credit cards unless you order something for which there is a charge. I've never heard anyone say they found the padded priority flat rate envelopes at a post office and mine said they're not a normally stocked item. If you want them for future booms, I'd go ahead and order a package of three or five now. I cannot recall the exact number of the smallest available bundle. I order two sets of 15 every couple of months.

Lstew2212 01-09-2017 05:00 PM

My fabrics are in the mail, I just sent Janice my tracking number. Yea. now to sit and wait.

I have been researching some different blocks to try out, going a little out of my comfort zone. I have been practicing my 1/4 inch seams. I'm doing really good, proud of my self.

All2Pieces 01-09-2017 05:24 PM

Okay everyone - I just gotta laugh about this... I ordered 10 padded envelopes thru USPS.com, thinking that's all I would need for a while. When the website said I had maxed out what could be ordered, I double-checked. Yep, only 10 in the cart. Today this large box is delivered and I'm wondering Wha-a-at?!? Turns out I was shipped at least a 100 of bubble wrap Priority Mail envelopes! LOL! Guess I will share the wealth and restock my local post office.

Lstew2212 01-09-2017 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by All2Pieces (Post 7737590)
Okay everyone - I just gotta laugh about this... I ordered 10 padded envelopes thru USPS.com, thinking that's all I would need for a while. When the website said I had maxed out what could be ordered, I double-checked. Yep, only 10 in the cart. Today this large box is delivered and I'm wondering Wha-a-at?!? Turns out I was shipped at least a 100 of bubble wrap Priority Mail envelopes! LOL! Guess I will share the wealth and restock my local post office.

OMG, I laughed out loud at this. Too funny All2Pieces. :D

sewbizgirl 01-09-2017 07:43 PM

I've done that too! But, oddly enough, I have used up all the bags.

Yes, an order of "1" means one package of ten!

Janice McC 01-10-2017 05:42 AM

Lol! Easy to do. Ordering 10 when in fact you are ordering 10 PACKAGES of 10 or 15! Almost did it myself. And I just checked the website, and the smallest quantity they'll ship now is 10. That's changed from my last order.

Janice McC 01-10-2017 05:49 AM

F8s have been coming in fast. So far, I've rec'd packages from:

Bootsy
Jaba
Joanelizbay
Ljdugas
MonaG
Sewbizgirl
Terriamn

Thank you!