Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   March - Boom 18 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/march-boom-18-a-t284946.html)

bootsy 02-18-2017 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by Janice McC (Post 7766950)
Lstew, good luck to you and your husband on this life/job change. Last year we went through something similar but DH has a new job he loves and his frame of mind is so much better. I'm hoping the same happens for your DH. Many good wishes!

Hope our California and West Coast boomers survived that powerful storm safely. Thoughts are with you all.

Beautiful blocks, Boomers. Really lovely!

I've been down with what I guess was a miserable 48 hour bug/flu/whatever. I began posting your blocks to the gallery last night but I think I've missed a slew of them. I'll work on finding the missing ones this weekend. And the pup is doing great. She thinks she's 100% but she's supposed to remain calm for a week. Ha!

Hope you are feeling better No fun being sick

All2Pieces 02-18-2017 03:05 PM

Bootsy- sorry to hear that you didn't like Tampa, FL. I live in St Pete but work in Tampa. Come to think of it, I don't really like Tampa either.. LOL... Hope you like your new situation better.

Lstew - best wishes to you and your hubby. I hope the change brings only good things.

Janice - hope you and puppy are feeling better.

All2Pieces 02-18-2017 03:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Terriamn - I'm having trouble finding sports fabric to go with yours. I dug into my UFO pile and found this red from some fabric I had cut into kits. Sorry I couldn't fussy-cut the balls more. The block is called Harbor Lights Variation on quilters cache.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]568532[/ATTACH]

sewbizgirl 02-18-2017 03:30 PM

I like that Harbor Lights in the soccer fabric, A2P. Cool block.

Terri, you must be planning a really huge size sports quilt for your gs. It's going to be wonderful.

jlt37869 02-18-2017 04:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Celtic Twist for Lstew2212. Not the best photo - - the solid colors are yellow, orange, green, and purple (not blue).

Janice McC 02-18-2017 04:42 PM

Terrific colorful block. Nice job!

Originally Posted by jlt37869 (Post 7767353)
Celtic Twist for Lstew2212. Not the best photo - - the solid colors are yellow, orange, green, and purple (not blue).

One of my favorite blocks. And I don't think you MUST add a sports fabric to Terriamn's fabric; just coordinating fabrics are needed I think.

Originally Posted by All2Pieces (Post 7767325)
Terriamn - I'm having trouble finding sports fabric to go with yours. I dug into my UFO pile and found this red from some fabric I had cut into kits. Sorry I couldn't fussy-cut the balls more. The block is called Harbor Lights Variation on quilters cache.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]568532[/ATTACH]

Terriamn, I hope you've recuperated all the way. I'm just a little tired.

Originally Posted by terriamn (Post 7767004)
Janice I had the 24 hour version yesterday. Not fun, hope you feel 100% quickly and so glad your pup is recovering nicely

joanelizbay 02-18-2017 06:12 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I did get some time tonight to make a couple of blocks. Have 5 income taxs to do tomorrow so probably wont get to sew...darn it...I need to learn to say NO.. :) reading all the "moves" people have made My family came to Howard Co Mo in 1855 and we have been there since..I will probaby never leave but my kids have moved away but HOCO will always be home....my twin brother joined the Navy right out of high school and has been everywhere..He will probably never come "home".. These blocks are for All2Pieces and Mollymunchkin. Have 3 others cut out but they will have to wait.

All2Pieces 02-18-2017 08:08 PM

JEB - Thank you for such a nice block! hey, can I get you to do my taxes? My figures say I owe a bunch!

sewbizgirl 02-18-2017 11:16 PM

Thanks for the photos, ladies... those are some great blocks! I never get tired of seeing how everyone interprets each other's fabrics. So much fun. :o

terriamn 02-19-2017 08:25 AM

Janice I think I'm back to normal now, other then being very tired.

You don't need to add sports fabric to my sport blocks. Any non feminine coordinating fabric is great. All2 pieces your block for me is great. Don't stress.

Sewbiz quilt will be for full size bed and extra blocks will go into a wallhanging for Joesph. They are working on a bedroom just for him that he won't have to share with either of his sisters.

Joan great blocks.

JLT great Celtic twist