Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   March Pincushion & Needlecase Swap - Signup ends February 28, 2015 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/march-pincushion-needlecase-swap-signup-ends-february-28-2015-a-t261619.html)

TOOMANYUFO'S 03-29-2015 06:14 AM

Dwina-Bangor...the big city? I am moving from Chicago...8 million residents in the Metro area... to Bangor..30,000 people. But yes- I will be providing some of that medical care you are referring to. I am looking forward to less traffic, clean air, and being able to see the stars. Among other things.[/QUOTE]

It is a big city when you live on an island of 700 people. I won't even drive in Bangor. A couple of yrs ago we had to take my DD to the Dana-Farber center in Boston. What a place, I couldn't wait to get out of there. I wouldn't drive there if someone paid me 10 million dollars. I like the 2 lane counry roads. What type of medical will you be providing?
I don't think Bangor is a pretty place. You will probably have to go outside of the city to see the stars. Too many street lights. Sometimes a little smog, not often. In the spring and fall a bunch of us get together in Bar Harbor for quilt retreats. We go when there are no tourists. The traffic is horrible in the summer. Eight million people, wow! I can't even comprehend it. I will be visiting the big city tomorrow. We may be trading cars. There are a lot of auto dealers there.

TOOMANYUFO'S 03-29-2015 06:28 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Yesterday I received a great pkg from Roserips. She was very creative and her hand embroidery is just marvelous. I love hand embroidery. She took a lot of time to make my gift and I so appreciate it. On the back of the cup, there is a recipe for Irish coffee. She also sent a lovely card, a book which I will try to read before my friend wants it. I lost the cute socks to my DD. Thank you once again for the wonderful gifts.

Patchesnposies 03-29-2015 06:33 AM

Dwina, what a lovely swap you got from Roserips. So much creativity. She put her whole heart into it you can tell. Simply awesome!

lynnie 03-29-2015 07:29 AM

Dwina, you received a lovely swap pkg. the pincushion is great and the hand embroidery is excellent!

TOOMANYUFO'S 03-29-2015 07:32 AM

I also forgot to mention she filled the pc with roven. It works great to stuff pc with.

nhnative 03-29-2015 10:36 AM

Dwina you got a great swap from Roserips. The hand embroidery was awesome. Great package

ctyankee 03-29-2015 01:05 PM

Wow, Dwina, what a wonderful swap package! Love the p.c & the hand embroidery is awesome! Great swap, roserips!

klaws 03-29-2015 02:06 PM

I think I got all the pictures that were able to be posted so I will create the collage in a little while.

klaws 03-30-2015 07:20 AM

1 Attachment(s)
As promised, here is the collage of all March pictures.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]515286[/ATTACH]

lawsonmugs 03-30-2015 07:40 AM

Very nice job on the collage Karen,thank you. Roserips what a wonderful job done on the hand embroidery. Love the design. Very nice swap sent.