Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   March Secret Pal Swap Closes Feb 28th 4pm (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/march-secret-pal-swap-closes-feb-28th-4pm-t241956.html)

Sibi 03-28-2014 06:01 PM

Wow, I love that tote for the knitting items!! Lot's of awesome packages! So much fun to see everyone's goodies :)

Knitette 03-29-2014 03:34 AM

Originally Posted by fabric lover (Post 6649213)
Very nice , I love that tote too,looks very handy.
Great packages everyone.

According to 'track and trace' my package is still on it's way and no delivery date known yet. pffff, it's 12 days now.
And another package, that I send on the same day but without track and trace, hasn't arrived either. I'm getting nervous :-((
My neighbour told me she had send a parcel to the US in januari and it took 9 weeks to arrive.
Well, let's look on the bright side: it did arrive.

There was an issue the year before last, I think, when no less than three parcels from wenot in the Netherlands went missing. I don't know if/when they turned up. Fingers crossed for you!

Gaijin 03-30-2014 09:57 PM

I am still on that bench! At least the cherry trees are blooming and it is getting warmer!

Gaijin

jaba 03-31-2014 05:37 AM

Hope you get your package soon! Cherry trees sound beautiful though, I have snow on the ground to look at again. It's starting to get a little old, so ready for warmer weather.

fabric lover 03-31-2014 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by Knitette (Post 6649895)
There was an issue the year before last, I think, when no less than three parcels from wenot in the Netherlands went missing. I don't know if/when they turned up. Fingers crossed for you!

ooh, that's just terrible.
I did a search for her because I'ld like to know if they ever turned up, but she hasn't posted for 2 years. She did participate in several SP swaps, but I can imagine te fun is gone when the packages just disappear.
I'm keeping all fingers crossed mine will arrive this week. So far from the 3 items send on the same day just one arrived!

lauriejo 04-02-2014 12:02 PM

International mail is so tricky. Sometimes the packages seem to go on a slow boat to tour the world, and then a package makes it in under a week. I've been told it all depends on how quickly it gets through customs.

Gaijin 04-10-2014 04:36 PM

I got it!

1 Attachment(s)
I finally got my March package!
I waited almost a month, but it was really worth it! I actually enjoyed the anticipation! Dya (fabric lover) from the Netherlands sent an amazing amount of stuff in a relatively small package. The many things just kind of folded themselves out! She sent beautiful fabrics, two books, Dutch-style coasters and tea bag caddies, ribbons, lace, intersesting tea (that I have never tried!), and lovely buttons for my bow-tuck bags.

Thank you so much!

Gaijin (Deborah)

Lori Peercy 04-10-2014 09:22 PM

That officially closes the March Secret Pal Swap!

fabric lover 04-11-2014 12:39 AM

I'm so glad it arrived , I was becoming a nervous wreck :-)) I like to exagerate, can you tell LOL.
But all 3 items I've sent on the same day have arrived now, do I'm happy. And even more because you like it.
Thank you Lori for organising this swap each month.