Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   March Secret Pal Swap - Sign Up Closed (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/march-secret-pal-swap-sign-up-closed-t97184.html)

ssnare 03-15-2011 07:07 PM

Well, I am still sitting on the bench, but, I feel an overload of chocolate, so I think I will pop some pop corn. Any takers?

Havplenty 03-15-2011 07:17 PM

That is what I am doing also is looking for things on clearance hopefully at 75% off or more. This was my first swap so I am in the process of collecting things for future swaps. I no longer have a fabric stash so I do have to purchase fabric for the swaps but I look for end of bolt specials or precentage off remnants. Other things I watch for on sale and I am in the process of handmaking things now for swaps. All of this goes in a large box and when it's time I will just go "shopping" in my box.

Originally Posted by mstandridge

Originally Posted by fidgety
I look at some of the pics posted and I think I shorted my sp.. This was my first swap so I guess now I know alittle more and I am looking forward to the April swap!!!!

Some thing I do is watch for 50% off sales and stock up on the basic "quilters stash specials" and keep a few on hand for swaps. If you have a dollar tree or everything is a dollar stores. keep checking in they are always getting cute things that make $10.00 go a long way. Plus anything that come from "my stash" I feel is a freebee since it just makes room for more for me. Just my way of making the limit stretch. . . . .

hoppa 03-15-2011 07:21 PM

what is considered a basic quilters stash special.

Jeff

Lori Peercy 03-15-2011 07:52 PM

I mailed my package off this afternoon. it is going NW of here.

Havplenty 03-15-2011 08:01 PM

I buy fabrics for the quilts I plan to make and am trying my darndest not to stash build. I bought a stack of fabric at an estate sale and much of it was quilt quality cotton. I plan to use most of it for cat beds to donate to the rescue groups. It was only $1.00 a piece for multi yard pieces. Estate sales & yard sales are good places to stash build & get notions/thread for little money.

Havplenty 03-15-2011 08:22 PM

I brought some kettle corn. Have some of mine.

Originally Posted by ssnare
Well, I am still sitting on the bench, but, I feel an overload of chocolate, so I think I will pop some pop corn. Any takers?

gaby4v 03-15-2011 08:44 PM

Well, I guess I will join you on the bench...want some sushi?? hehe. Pass the popcorn please. :-)

trisha 03-15-2011 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by debbieumphress
Gosh you all. SOme people send a few things, some one, others more, etc. I love everything I get. I tend to send more because I am always buying things on sale etc and can shop in my own room. LOL. Except for the candy things. LOL. And sitting on the bench folks, I don't think I would go there until after the ship date has passed. Might gain too much weight eating all those goodies you make. :):):) Hope everyone who gets something will post or let the host know so she can post the new swap.

I agree Debbie: way too early to be sitting on the bench, I would have to go out and buy way too many Milky Way Caramel Bars...mmmmmmmm, would need a whole bench for myself.!

raggedyann 03-15-2011 09:20 PM

3 Attachment(s)
hi everyone!!!

a huge-amongous thank you to my swap partner janet(JSNOMORE) for such a fun swap this month!!! i really loved everything--the handmade pincushion, the fabric in beautiful aquas, the sewing bookmark--adorable! and the QUILTERS CANDY!!!! now i don't get to enjoy candy too much because of nut allergies, but this is my kind of candy! i've never seen anything like it--i took a special close up so you can all see how stinking cute the quilters candy is!!! oh and buttons--i just love buttons...and a calendar...i'm probably forgetting something, but i am just so excited!!!

and the best part is that janet has a special connection to my town--her grandfather lived 10 minutes away from me for over 50 years!!! what a small world!!

anyway, thanks again janet and let me know if you are in town--we can meet for some good italian food!

what fun!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]170390[/ATTACH]

quilter's candy
[ATTACH=CONFIG]170391[/ATTACH]

my fave new pincushion
[ATTACH=CONFIG]170392[/ATTACH]

jazs2 03-15-2011 09:31 PM

Im on the bench also. I got the popcorn ready. Here is some enjoy.
jazs2