Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   May 2011 Doll Quilt Swap (Two-Year Anniversary) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/may-2011-doll-quilt-swap-two-year-anniversary-t118025.html)

migrubbs 04-29-2011 05:03 PM

Rhonda,

thanks for those encouraging words. I am one of the newbie's and was wondering how to cover up my mistakes.
Mine is done. I finished one of my mother's and had to add
different material and etc. She was 97 when she passed 2 yrs. ago. She always wanted everything perfect and has passed that on to me.

I hope my partner will understand My mother called this pattern a cross nine patch. She made it up.

Rhonda 04-29-2011 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by migrubbs
Rhonda,

thanks for those encouraging words. I am one of the newbie's and was wondering how to cover up my mistakes.
Mine is done. I finished one of my mother's and had to add
different material and etc. She was 97 when she passed 2 yrs. ago. She always wanted everything perfect and has passed that on to me.

I hope my partner will understand My mother called this pattern a cross nine patch. She made it up.

No matter what your skill level everyone has something to offer because we each see things in our own unique perspective. And I so enjoy that!!

I am looking forward to seeing yours and everyones doll quilt for May!!

oksewglad 04-29-2011 05:19 PM

We all make mistakes. Sometimes you just let them go! I have learned that sometimes when I try to "fix" a mistake I only make it worse and it's better not to mess with it.

rwquilts 04-30-2011 06:20 AM

I'm excited for this swap! I have designed something in my EQ and have begun to paper piece, one of my favorite things to do!

SewExtremeSeams 04-30-2011 08:51 AM

Chele, I sent you a PM. Due to lots going on here and priorities I need to drop out for May. I know I will miss being a part of this doll quilt swap. Hope to be back for June's swap. Maybe even have one done near the begining of June.

Have fun everyone! :-D

turtle9 04-30-2011 09:47 AM

I'd like to play, please.

Lynnie25 04-30-2011 02:16 PM

As well as receiving (and sending) a Dolls Quilt to my partner every month, I enjoy learning where my partner is from in this big wide world. I look up their state on the map, read up on what goes on in their part of the world and see what quilt shops are in their area. Each month a whole new part of this world is opening up to me - thanks to the Quilting Board and the internet.

oksewglad 04-30-2011 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by Lynnie25
As well as receiving (and sending) a Dolls Quilt to my partner every month, I enjoy learning where my partner is from in this big wide world. I look up their state on the map, read up on what goes on in their part of the world and see what quilt shops are in their area. Each month a whole new part of this world is opening up to me - thanks to the Quilting Board and the internet.

"I live in a small house, but my window looks out on a very large world." I think this is from Confucius.

bolin0909 04-30-2011 06:23 PM

I already have an idea of what I would like to do (that is if my partner likes yellow!) So maybe I will be able to get everything started next weekend when I get back from Vacation! Now to get off of here to finish packing! Leaving out Monday morning bright and early. So if my parner doesn't hear from me I won't be back until late Sat.. will catch up on Sun or Mon.

oksewglad 04-30-2011 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by bolin0909
I already have an idea of what I would like to do (that is if my partner likes yellow!) So maybe I will be able to get everything started next weekend when I get back from Vacation! Now to get off of here to finish packing! Leaving out Monday morning bright and early. So if my parner doesn't hear from me I won't be back until late Sat.. will catch up on Sun or Mon.

You two have great time. G