Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   May 2011 Doll Quilt Swap (Two-Year Anniversary) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/may-2011-doll-quilt-swap-two-year-anniversary-t118025.html)

Ms Grace 05-06-2011 04:56 AM

Originally Posted by oksewglad

Originally Posted by rwquilts
I have been working this week on my DQ's. I quilted both today and am hand stitching the binding to the back of one and still have to bind and label the other and I'll be ready to mail to my swap partners! Can I keep them? LOL!

That's why you make a duplicate!! I'm at the same stage with my one DQ. I hope Ms Grace will like it.

I'm sure I will Love it! :-)

Ms Grace 05-06-2011 04:58 AM

I have been working this week on my DQ's. I quilted both today and am hand stitching the binding to the back of one and still have to bind and label the other and I'll be ready to mail to my swap partners! Can I keep them? LOL!

you are fast too! :D
I'm working on yours this week. :wink:

rwquilts 05-06-2011 06:38 AM

That's why you make a duplicate!! I'm at the same stage with my one DQ. I hope Ms Grace will like it.

Looks like Ms Grace will be getting both of her quilts soon! I'm sending to her also! Perhaps another time I will make a duplicate! Or just sign up for one and make one for me? LOL!

Ms Grace 05-06-2011 10:50 AM

Looks like Ms Grace will be getting both of her quilts soon! I'm sending to her also! Perhaps another time I will make a duplicate! Or just sign up for one and make one for me? LOL!

It will be like Christmas!
:D

Dragonfly Nana 05-06-2011 02:06 PM

Woody and I have been exchanging PMs and both plan to spend at least part of Mother's Day in our sewing rooms working on our little quilts.

Doesn't that sound like the perfect way to spend the day?

TammyB 05-06-2011 02:10 PM

I have my DQ pieced. I hope Kathy N. will like what she gets from a first timer.

TammyB 05-06-2011 02:14 PM

Absolutely, perfect, doing something you love!

ljdugas31 05-06-2011 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by Chele
And just to start things off with a bang, here's another one of Dotty's (dotcomdtcm) selvage masterpieces. She spoils me rotten. :thumbup:

Dotty that is adorable!!!!!!!

jljack 05-07-2011 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltnCowgirl
You can count me in! This will be my 3rd swap & I am thoroughly enjoying them. Let's me do some creating on a smaller scale and still count as Quilting Therapy. :D

YAY!! I am so happy I am partnered with Quiltncowgirl!! We live not too far from each other....a 2 hour drive. Can't wait to see what she makes up with for me.....I have an idea of what I want to do. We'll see if it works out.

QuiltnCowgirl 05-07-2011 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by jljack

Originally Posted by QuiltnCowgirl
You can count me in! This will be my 3rd swap & I am thoroughly enjoying them. Let's me do some creating on a smaller scale and still count as Quilting Therapy. :D

YAY!! I am so happy I am partnered with Quiltncowgirl!! We live not too far from each other....a 2 hour drive. Can't wait to see what she makes up with for me.....I have an idea of what I want to do. We'll see if it works out.

I too am happy to have you for my partner. Can't wait for the day we make that 2hr drive (or 1 hr to meet in the middle) so we can meet.

I am excited about what I am making for you. It is entirely different than what I've done before. It is pieced, sandwiched & 95% quilted! I just might have it in the mail to you Monday or Tuesday! Woohoo!