Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   May 2012 ~ Scrap Quilt Lover's Fat Eighths Swap ~ Sign up Closed (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/may-2012-%7E-scrap-quilt-lovers-fat-eighths-swap-%7E-sign-up-closed-t188930.html)

mdall 05-19-2012 02:04 PM

Ms. Grace, I think that is a good idea. There are so many things you could do to make it easier on you to pick the colors and themes. Have everyone not only pick colors but a theme for the fabric like florals, dots, stripes, etc. Throw them options in a different hat and draw maybe two of those along with the colors. Just an idea to shake things up a bit. I love anything I get and love choicing for my partners.

Ms Grace 05-19-2012 02:19 PM

That is a great idea!!:thumbup:
Thanks!
Ladies, we would love to have your ideas for color & theme choices for the coming months.

Originally Posted by mdall (Post 5228404)
Ms. Grace, I think that is a good idea. There are so many things you could do to make it easier on you to pick the colors and themes. Have everyone not only pick colors but a theme for the fabric like florals, dots, stripes, etc. Throw them options in a different hat and draw maybe two of those along with the colors. Just an idea to shake things up a bit. I love anything I get and love choicing for my partners.

nurse bonnie 05-19-2012 03:12 PM

I think a patriotic theme would be good. There may be some of us who will be making things for 4th of July and would have a variety of f8 to use. Just saying.

Ms Grace 05-19-2012 03:32 PM

Good idea:thumbup:

Originally Posted by nurse bonnie (Post 5228523)
I think a patriotic theme would be good. There may be some of us who will be making things for 4th of July and would have a variety of f8 to use. Just saying.

mdall 05-19-2012 04:26 PM

Yes, red, white, and blue would be good for June so everyone has time to get their f8's and make their projects. Along with the colors a theme of maybe somwthing thats not just flags and such in case their are people who may just need fabric with r,w,and b in them like stripes, stars, dots, or tone or tones. Then that fits with the patriot and other projects. I would love to do those colors but have no patriot themed projects planned and could still use the fabrics in another project. Great idea Nurse bonnie.

kiffie2413 05-19-2012 06:04 PM

I love the ideas of picking themes, colors, etc. In the coming months how about a reproduction/30's theme? Batiks? Halloween fabrics? Thanksgiving/Autumn? Christmas/Winter themes? Actually I just love fabrics, so just about anything is great! Now I know there are a few of you on here who I have traded out with, thru the ISO forum, and you are thinking, "Hmm...I am pretty sure Kif has said she's not fond of paisley and huge flowers on her fabrics...". Okay, I own it, I may have said that a time or 2...:eek:...But, that is when specifically asked....Now on a swap I realize it is different...like Forrest Gump's box of chocolates, so too are fabric swaps...and I am super ok with that! At our last Christmas lqs party, my gift contained a fq of paisley fabric, in red/black/white...I had to "eat a lil crow", because I really do like that fabric...So, love the swaps, love the surprises!!
Regards,
Kif

Ms Grace 05-20-2012 05:09 AM

kiffie,
I love the ideas you came up with. I love the 30's/reproduction fabrics.
All the themes you came up with are great.
I'm writing down everyones's suggestions....keep them coming.:thumbup:

Originally Posted by kiffie2413 (Post 5228865)
I love the ideas of picking themes, colors, etc. In the coming months how about a reproduction/30's theme? Batiks? Halloween fabrics? Thanksgiving/Autumn? Christmas/Winter themes? Actually I just love fabrics, so just about anything is great! Now I know there are a few of you on here who I have traded out with, thru the ISO forum, and you are thinking, "Hmm...I am pretty sure Kif has said she's not fond of paisley and huge flowers on her fabrics...". Okay, I own it, I may have said that a time or 2...:eek:...But, that is when specifically asked....Now on a swap I realize it is different...like Forrest Gump's box of chocolates, so too are fabric swaps...and I am super ok with that! At our last Christmas lqs party, my gift contained a fq of paisley fabric, in red/black/white...I had to "eat a lil crow", because I really do like that fabric...So, love the swaps, love the surprises!!
Regards,
Kif

mdall 05-20-2012 06:12 AM

I was just looking through to see if there was any new swaps on the board and ran across a theme for this one. How about throwing in ugly fabric as one of the themes for one month. I know I certainly have a couple of uggoes in my stash that I would love to share. Maybe not do just ugly as the only theme but add it with the swap maybe as an extra. I think it would be so fun to see how many of us have ugly fabric and just how ugly they can get. Hey, don't scrunch your nose at it, you know you have some. LOL

Quilty-Louise 05-20-2012 08:14 AM

LOL

I have lots of fabric that when I bought it I liked it, now
looking back at some of it I am like what was I thinking
when I bought that horrible stuff.

I plead total insanity for some of the fabric in my huge stash.

I love BRIGHT colors, actually I love ALMOST anything, but
there are some that I just don't like.

Ms Grace 05-20-2012 09:54 AM

Very fun idea!
I'm adding it to the list of ideas.:)

Originally Posted by mdall (Post 5229617)
I was just looking through to see if there was any new swaps on the board and ran across a theme for this one. How about throwing in ugly fabric as one of the themes for one month. I know I certainly have a couple of uggoes in my stash that I would love to share. Maybe not do just ugly as the only theme but add it with the swap maybe as an extra. I think it would be so fun to see how many of us have ugly fabric and just how ugly they can get. Hey, don't scrunch your nose at it, you know you have some. LOL