Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   May 2014 Pincushion & Needlecase Swap ~ signup closes May 1st (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/may-2014-pincushion-needlecase-swap-%7E-signup-closes-may-1st-t245774.html)

lauriejo 05-05-2014 05:20 PM

Great job on the tablerunner Karen! You're sending it to me, right???

Yeah lynnie, I would have left too. I don't do long lines very well anymore. Today was really weird, everywhere I went was crazy busy. Very odd.

lynnie 05-05-2014 05:54 PM

Maybe b/c it was so nice out. I'll go tomorrow. you may be right, mailing out mother's day stuff. hopefully won't be so crowded tomorrow.

JuneBillie 05-05-2014 07:39 PM

Yeah I think too that the pretty weather has people getting out. I can't stand long lines either. I also would have left. Maybe too it being a Monday that people are getting things ready to mail over the weekends. It got really warm here today. I think the southern states may have hotter weather this summer than normal, but I don't know. I heard that said by a weather man the other day. I went to a doctor once who said she didn't listen to weather reports. She said, if I want to know what the weather is, I look out the window. lol...

nhnative 05-06-2014 10:40 AM

1 Attachment(s)
It is a nice sunny day today. 62 with a little breeze. Too bad I had so many things to do I couldn't enjoy it and now it's too hot to do yard work. I did plant a hydrangea 2 days ago and I really shouldn't have as it was almost freezing, low 40's but it looks ok. Before I planted it I had to take a big Barberry Bush out. That wasn't easy and I even got a picky in my finger. I wish I could get some sewing done.

lynnie 05-06-2014 12:56 PM

beautiful start on that hydrangea bush very pretty.
I mailed out my pincushion today, should be there for Friday, or so they say.
got some blocks done on my log cabin today at the bee.
it's nice out and the windos is open, about 65 here and some sun.

JuneBillie 05-06-2014 01:04 PM

Nhnative that is so pretty. I love those, and wish I had one.

lauriejo 05-06-2014 01:14 PM

Nice hydrangea, I love the blue ones. I am really hoping mine suvives this year. The city is digging up all the yards on our street to put in new water lines, and naturally the water line runs right next to the hydrangea bush. I had DH dig it up a couple weeks ago and move it to a safer spot. I am hoping he got enough of the roots to keep it alive.

nhnative 05-06-2014 01:25 PM

This one was the first one I ever got and it's called Lacecap as it doesn't have the ball of flowers. With all my interruptions and now I have to make a tutu I know I won't be shipping early.

lawsonmugs 05-06-2014 02:21 PM

Beautiful Bush. Is all of that going to be just one bush? I love the regular hydrangeas but this one is so different. looks like babies breath with little morning glories around it.Hope yours and Laurie's makes it. It so sad when you work so hard to raise something and it gets ruined.

klaws 05-06-2014 02:26 PM

Now that my tablerunner is finished and in the mail, I can start my pincushion. It probably will be in the mail sometime next week. Today I went to Home Depot and bought plants, potting soil and mulch for in front of my place. It is all finished and looks really nice. Now I have good curb appeal when I re-list my place for sale later in the year. I could only work outside for about a half hour at a time. It is 85 out there today. Too hot for me. I hope everyone had a nice day today.