Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   May 2016 Postcard Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/may-2016-postcard-swap-t277969.html)

Judith1005 04-29-2016 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by ctyankee (Post 7530483)
Judith -- I'm in for May!

Miriam -- maybe you'll have to wrap it up in a plain brown wrapper!

Lol, I really envy everyone with quick wit. A plain brown wrapper. That just tickled my funny bone! :D

LindaC 04-30-2016 08:03 AM

Judith
I've cleared it out now

Originally Posted by Judith1005 (Post 7536670)
LindaC, please clear your inbox. I'm trying to pm you. Thank you.

Judith1005 04-30-2016 04:15 PM

List of May partners.

Judith1005 sends to Betty J
Betty J sends to Judith1005
Owlvamp sends to Linda C
Linda C sends to owlvamp
Armylady2012 sends to Melanie Rudy
Melanie Rudy sends to Armylady2012
Cuppy sends to nhnative
Nhnative sends to Cuppy
Cuppy sends to K-Roll Roll
K-Roll sends to Cuppy
Stashmaker sends to Ctyankee
Ctyankee sends to Stashmaker
Miriam sends to Nelco
Nelco sends to Miriam
Cookiezenmilk sends to dotcomdtcm
Dotcomdtcm sends to CookiezenMilk
Dove1615 sends to nana20010
Nana20010 sends to Dove1615

owlvamp 04-30-2016 09:40 PM

Hi Linda C excited to be your partner this month.

LindaC 04-30-2016 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by owlvamp (Post 7537724)
Hi Linda C excited to be your partner this month.

Hi owlvamp (Sandra). I'm happy to be swapping with you this month. I have an idea for a postcard so I hope you like it. It's a bank holiday weekend here in Ireland and we are having typical long weekend weather, RAIN so a good time to be at the sewing machine.
LindaC

Nelco 05-01-2016 08:42 AM

Miriam and I have been in touch,

owlvamp 05-01-2016 06:14 PM

LindaC how long does it take to get a post card from the states?
I'm excited to have you as well. You crochet like me and I love the crochet flowers you did.
I usually crochet something everyday. :)

LindaC 05-02-2016 12:39 AM

Originally Posted by owlvamp (Post 7538516)
LindaC how long does it take to get a post card from the states?
I'm excited to have you as well. You crochet like me and I love the crochet flowers you did.
I usually crochet something everyday. :)

Hi owlvamp, it can take anything upto just over 2 weeks but sometimes it is quicker. I used to crochet a long time ago but haven't done anything for years but have started back now. I am so grateful that both my mother and my grandmother taught me knitting, crochet and sewing. In the national (age 5 to 12) schools they don't teach any of these skills anymore and even in secondary (age 13 to 18) you have to do Home Economics to do any kind of sewing and they barely learn to sew on a button. All the crafts are dying out here and it is only with the sewing shows that the UK have like the Great British Sewing Bee that sewing is starting to have a revival here.

LindaC

ctyankee 05-02-2016 03:57 AM

Linda, I'm startled to learn that the schools don't teach needle arts any more! When my children were in national school in Ireland, the little ones learned knitting & the older girls learned crochet. Both my girls learned at school, & I was pleasantly surprised that they were taught those things -- along with Gaelic, & a little Irish dancing & music. And they're only in their 20s, so it wasn't that long ago -- or was it? Hmmm ... time flies!

My postcard last month to Linda C. took about a week to reach her, but of course I worried about it during its traveling adventure!

JuneBillie 05-02-2016 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by K-Roll (Post 7535893)
JuneBillie My nephew is staying with us & he's from E Tennessee also (K'ville). may your path go easy, or as easy as it can. <3

Thank you K-Roll. :) I hope you and your family are enjoying your time with your nephew. It's a small world. :wave: