Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   MONTHLY QUILTING BEE BLOCK SWAP - Version II (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/monthly-quilting-bee-block-swap-version-ii-t57580.html)

ljdugas31 04-17-2011 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by jetnica
Hi!

ljdugas31, karielt, & hsquiltingmom -- i finished your extra swap blocks today. they will go out in the mail tomorrow.

okay - it's crunch time for me. I need to finish one quilt and start and finish two more before the end of the school year!! yikes!

Sounds good,i will be on the look out! I sent yours out last week.

jetnica 04-17-2011 04:55 PM

8 Attachment(s)
soooo....

Back on page 260 I posted a picture of my disaster area of a sewing room.

I finally cleaned it up. The boyfriend said he didn't notice a difference.

I'll post pics here - what do you gals think?

before - absolute chaos. yikes!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]185712[/ATTACH]

after - the three quilts i need to finish/do before school is out are lined up on the floor there...
[ATTACH=CONFIG]185713[/ATTACH]

beside the shelves before
[ATTACH=CONFIG]185714[/ATTACH]

beside the shelves - after
[ATTACH=CONFIG]185715[/ATTACH]

hope chest - before
[ATTACH=CONFIG]185716[/ATTACH]

hope chest - after - it still looks crazy, but I know what's there now, and the paperwork is cleaned up.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]185717[/ATTACH]

food block for hsquiltingmom 1
[ATTACH=CONFIG]185722[/ATTACH]

food block for hsquiltingmom 2
[ATTACH=CONFIG]185724[/ATTACH]

Quilted Horse 04-17-2011 05:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I've been terrible at keeping up with pix of blocks received and saying thanks to those who made them. Sorry!!! Here's a beautiful bear paw from Poker Diva that I did as an extra.

Bear paw from Poker Diva
[ATTACH=CONFIG]185727[/ATTACH]

hsquiltingmom 04-17-2011 07:45 PM

Jetnica,

Those blocks on their way to me, are absolutely beautiful. I need to get started on yours. I need to go down to the sewing room, and get it organized a bit more, and get some of the projects organized, so I can see what I am doing.

Thanks

Kathy
hsquiltingmom

granny216 04-18-2011 01:43 AM

I'm really sorry I had to drop out of this swap. I love it so much and the blocks are great. But most of you know I was care giver for my husband full time and little got done around our house. Right after Easter a really good clean up around here and it started yesterday with the kids doing the yard and cleaning up the yard where we had an ancient big old tree cut down. First time in a year that section really looks nice. Now for inside the house after Easter. The blocks that have been posted here are beautiful as well as the ones received...not put together yet but will put one together by Fall (I hope) Thank you all for being so kind and understanding thru this difficult time.

paintmejudy 04-18-2011 08:12 AM

Granny, prayers and good thoughts being sent your way by me and, I'm sure, all of the board.

Originally Posted by granny216
I'm really sorry I had to drop out of this swap. I love it so much and the blocks are great. But most of you know I was care giver for my husband full time and little got done around our house. Right after Easter a really good clean up around here and it started yesterday with the kids doing the yard and cleaning up the yard where we had an ancient big old tree cut down. First time in a year that section really looks nice. Now for inside the house after Easter. The blocks that have been posted here are beautiful as well as the ones received...not put together yet but will put one together by Fall (I hope) Thank you all for being so kind and understanding thru this difficult time.

burnsk 04-18-2011 08:32 AM

Sorry you had to drop out but it is understandable with all that has happened in the past few months. I know you'll have some difficult days when you start inside your home but take it just one day at a time. You don't have deadlines so don't put pressure on yourself. We're here for you if you need us. {{{ HUGS }}}

Kate01 04-18-2011 08:39 AM

Granny, I heart goes out to you and your family. I am so glad you have them to help you through this unhappy time. My prayers and thoughts are with you.

PokerDiva 04-18-2011 09:34 AM

3 Attachment(s)
I finally layed out my blocks to see what I had. You just don't know till you lay them out how they will look and they are lookin good. Sorry I don't have a design wall. I had to lay them on the floor so I hope you can see them good enough.

Theme #1
[ATTACH=CONFIG]185913[/ATTACH]

Fall Theme
[ATTACH=CONFIG]185914[/ATTACH]

Polka Dot Theme
[ATTACH=CONFIG]185915[/ATTACH]

dotcomdtcm 04-18-2011 09:40 AM

4 Attachment(s)
A hearty shout out to Janet Wall for these beautiful dedication blocks, for my daughters' quilts in process.

for Lily- elegant
[ATTACH=CONFIG]185919[/ATTACH]

for Molly- perfect!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]185920[/ATTACH]

Sunshine
[ATTACH=CONFIG]185921[/ATTACH]

Trees goin' to Brooklyn
[ATTACH=CONFIG]185929[/ATTACH]