Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   MORE 2.5” ‘CANDY’ swap!!! Oh Sew Sweet! ***Closes January 15, 2013*** (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/more-2-5%94-%91candy%92-swap-oh-sew-sweet-%2A%2A%2Acloses-january-15-2013%2A%2A%2A-t206277.html)

quiltinghere 12-12-2012 04:59 AM

Originally Posted by ScubaK (Post 5714623)
The SET is of 50 SAME fabric in 50, 2.5" sq of quilt shop quality fabric?
K

Think of it this way....One bag should contain 50 different fabrics. The baggies can have 'the same different fabrics' but you cannot duplicate a fabric in a bag. You can send in a maximum of 15 bags.

It's pretty easy to do...from large or small pieces of fabrics. I start by laying out my 15 piles and go around placing one fabric on each. If I have 6 charms then they're only placed on six piles. When I cut my next charms, I start placing them on the piles where I left off and keep going around and around till I have 50 different charms on each pile.

Signing up for 15 sets of Cotton Candy!

quiltinghere 12-12-2012 05:19 AM

Originally Posted by marytoddliz (Post 5670908)
I am going to be planning my candy for a really cute quilt pattern I received from a Great Aunt whom I did not even know she was a quilter. She was my grandfathers Sister on my Dad's side (my grandfather died when my Father was only 5, the family on that line has been lost for a while, thank goodness for genealogy on the internet) My cousin recently found out I love to quilt and sent me her patterns and some cool notions! This is so awesome since I now have someone in my family who I inherited my love of quilting from, distant but still cool to me!

That's a GREAT story!

quiltinghere 12-12-2012 05:26 AM

HAHAHA! When you quilters have been saying "Done with Christmas" it really was confusing me here! Then the coffee started working and I realized you were done cutting your Christmas Charms! Hahahaha!

My plan for the Cotton Candy is to just make 4 patches out of them and go from there...don't ask me where...but I'm going there!

Have an awesome quilting day!

SheriR 12-12-2012 06:36 AM

Welcome to the candy dish quiltinghere!!! Thanks for the great explination of 15 sets with 50 DIFFERENT fabrics. The batiks and holiday twists have 20 DIFFERENT fabrics each. :D

We're getting a nice group of CANDY swappers!!! YIPEE :D

Jannie 12-13-2012 04:57 PM

My candy package got mailed yesterday.

SheriR 12-13-2012 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by Jannie (Post 5718614)

So excited to start getting all y'all's candy!!!! I promise to not mix your fun packages with my Christmas presents. :D

marytoddliz 12-13-2012 06:43 PM

Well I was almost ready to mail, I had finished 44 fabrics, I had my stacks of 15 and I put them on a Styrofoam meat tray and on the top shelf where I keep extra batting. Hubby needed to cut some batting for place mats and dropped the whole tray! I suppose you can guess what I spent a good part of my day doing! URG....

I was going to make him do it but I know you want nice neat stacks of "Different" fabric, he tells me I put them back in little piles so what is the problem!

OH well he just doesn't get it!

SheriR 12-13-2012 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by marytoddliz (Post 5718817)
Well I was almost ready to mail, I had finished 44 fabrics, I had my stacks of 15 and I put them on a Styrofoam meat tray and on the top shelf where I keep extra batting. Hubby needed to cut some batting for place mats and dropped the whole tray! I suppose you can guess what I spent a good part of my day doing! URG....

I was going to make him do it but I know you want nice neat stacks of "Different" fabric, he tells me I put them back in little piles so what is the problem!

OH well he just doesn't get it!

Oh Mary! My car did that once with strips I had laid out across my couch. I could have skinned her!!!

marytoddliz 12-16-2012 11:49 AM

OK, all done and ready to mail, will be on it's way Monday Morning.

SheriR 12-16-2012 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by Jannie (Post 5718614)

I received your candy yesterday!!!! Also received LuvtooQuilt's. Y'alls "Candy" looks sooo good!!