Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   MUG RUG #2 - Closed/Full (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/mug-rug-2-closed-full-t218898.html)

mrsmck 04-23-2013 07:15 PM

Just finished designing my Mug Rug...a little bit of me for a big hearted you.

DustysMomma 04-23-2013 07:56 PM

Ooh, you mention kites & it makes me think about the hot air balloon fabric I have in my stash that I got in Denmark!

nancia 04-23-2013 08:22 PM

suddenly, i have mug rugs to make coming out of everywhere. should i piece all, then quilt all? or do 1`all the way, then another all the way. etc?? anyone wanta come over and we'll have a happy quil'y party!! c'mon, brat, YOU ARE invited! bring cookies! i've got kool-aid! and hot cocoa if it gets chilly! this weather is nutz!
and d'sm, your mentioning balloons makes me think of my beautiful monkey and balloon runner!:)

JuneBillie 04-23-2013 08:28 PM

I have my fabric for my mug rug. Hope my partner will enjoy it. Have my plans ready to go.

marscrafter 04-23-2013 08:36 PM

Mary Quilting,

I can't wait to see what you made. :-) I have my pattern picked out, and I am sorting through fabric currently.

Elisabrat 04-24-2013 02:39 AM

such organized pattern keepers! I just grab a few fabrics that I think fit my partner and.. well make something lol. wish I had patterns life would be more organized but I would put them in good spots so pointless. I have IDEAS! then I figure it out.

Nancia sure I will come but truly.. kool-aid? really? (is it grape??? ..) I will sew sew sew to your hearts content. um I seem to recall how your tropical runner is coming along??? mug rugs aside.. how many are you making?? one partner for this old gal..

nancia 04-24-2013 03:19 AM

well. my tropical runner morphed into my summer runner. so i have to re-think, altho' the really neat pattern that i had (do you remember what safe place you put it in, brat? was afraid of that!) well, i can't remember either but i know which part of the room to look in, at least. it looks really cool and i'm really amped to try it! i finished coyote's quilt and 3 needle cases , 2/4s of lynnie's mugrug, and 2 halves of pincushions ( would you believe it two different ones) AND MY BACKDOOR NEIGHBOR AND I JUST MET OVER THE FALLEN DOWN BACK FENCE THAT MY DOG KEEPS TEARING DOWN, THANKS TO SANDY ALSO. HE'S EVEN MORE FRUSTRATED THAN I AM! I KEEP POOR KITTEN IN WITH ME ALL NIGHT , ON A LEASH! SINCE WE HAVE A DOG DOOR THAT OUR CATS USE ALSO no. i'm not yelling, my hand hit the key for caps. ironic where it came out. maybe i should be shouting. anyway, i'm too tired tu re-type. sorry. anyway, this guy as it turns out is a contractor and he's willing to put up the pieces that affect his yard. after we'd talked for awhile he's going to do something for now and give us a price on the rest of the fence. we both want the same kind, which is lucky. he thinks the pool may be beyond saving but we'll see. i don't mind a new one as long as i have one to float in, and a little swimming. it really does help my fibro. well, after talking to him for a good half hour, while holding 25lb kitten (she slipped her collar off to go back and play, unh unh! no no no!) so monkey has her halter on and is being pretty good, but sees this as a chance to make a new friend-- future source of cookies, she's thinking. and up all night sewing, etc, i am ready to curl into a cold, wet, muddy,doggy breath lump and get some sleep. got a lot done. will sort out the runner fabric later--too late to do it earlier! good night!

sikesjj 04-24-2013 04:26 AM

Nancia I would do one mug rug at a time. I will quilt my table runner today and take breaks with cutting out a dresden plate for another mug rug. I just love dresden plates!!!!

Whigrose 04-24-2013 07:01 AM

You would think I've never done any quilt/sewing before. Ugh!

Every step of the way on this little project has been an issue. First it was a design error (my fault) and then I over cut some 'component's. But the kicker is, after I got the center design stitched together and put on some much coveted fabric for borders, I realized I had a lay-out issue with the center. Ugh! I'm throwing it in and moving on to Plan B. This little darling should NOT have taken this much time. :-(

Onward!

best,
d

Elisabrat 04-24-2013 07:36 AM

Oh Whigrose welcome to my world!! I have a lot of .. heck with it and it goes in the corner bin. But then you do figure it out and its feels really good to finish what you intended to make the right way. :) I think summer is tropically sorta? heck just go with the first plan Nancia you will finish faster (hint hint). I think I thrive on having lots of quilty commitments. I get nervous and anxious at times but boy oh boy I sign right back up for more so something must work for me lol.

I am going for the sewing room concept in a mild way Wee Fi but I am thinking you need another one also that says BRAT all over so when your coffee spills on it you can think of me! and also big enough for those cookies you need to eat with that coffee (nutrition is important). I am keeping that one a surpise :)