Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Mug Rug Block Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/mug-rug-block-swap-t222266.html)

QuilterMomma 06-19-2013 08:50 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here is mine. Made double sided so you can choose what you want and if one side gets stained just flip it. Ready to send.

abdconsultant 06-20-2013 04:42 AM

Quiz #4

1. This sewing foot is ideal for producing serged seams.___________________
2. According to folklore in the Victorian period this type pin cushion was made to repel evil spirits from the home by sitting on the mantel.__________________________
3. The best indicator to identify a _F___________ S___________ is a line of holes from the chain stitching that once held it together.
4. When manufacturing thread, the thread __t______________determines value & strength.
5. The reason black thread sheds most is due to the___re____________during manufacturing.

Belfrybat 06-20-2013 05:53 AM

Thank you, ABDConsultant -- I think this is the first time I've won an on-line contest. The current one looks hard, so I'll have to ponder the answers.

Nice block, QuilterMomma. Where are you putting your label? I hadn't thought of making mine doublesided since we are to put a label on them, but it surely would add life to the mugrug, wouldn't it? Maybe I can incorporate the label into the back design. Hmm... endless possibilities!

I'm plugging away on some State blocks that are due next Wednesday, but as soon as those are done, I'll make up the mug rug.

QuilterMomma 06-20-2013 06:59 AM

Label? No, I am signing it on the embroidery. It will be very visible without a doubt. Of course, an acid free pen is ideal for such things.

jclinganrey 06-20-2013 12:43 PM

My mug rug is finished and ready to go. Just have to put a label on it. - - - - Jane

Belfrybat 06-20-2013 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma (Post 6133158)
Label? No, I am signing it on the embroidery. It will be very visible without a doubt. Of course, an acid free pen is ideal for such things.

Hmm -- I thought we were supposed to label them with our user name, date, and name of block. So signing them is also acceptable? That is easier than having to sew on a separate label. Thanks for clarifying!

abdconsultant 06-21-2013 05:04 AM

Originally Posted by abdconsultant (Post 6132862)
Quiz #4

1. This sewing foot is ideal for producing serged seams.___________________
2. According to folklore in the Victorian period this type pin cushion was made to repel evil spirits from the home by sitting on the mantel.__________________________
3. The best indicator to identify a _F___________ S___________ is a line of holes from the chain stitching that once held it together.
4. When manufacturing thread, the thread __t______________determines value & strength.
5. The reason black thread sheds most is due to the___re____________during manufacturing.

Wake up everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Send me some answers....Google is your friend.

abdconsultant 06-21-2013 05:08 AM

I would like to hear from everyone signed up for this swap at least once either post status on this tread or send a pm please.

I will post the winner of the quiz #4 Sunday sometime.

Which is also the date I will post swap partners.

This swap is now closed!

paperpieceme 06-21-2013 05:23 AM

i am ready to mail, yipee!

jaba 06-21-2013 05:38 AM

I'm ready to mail too! Just need a name and address