Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   MUG RUG SWAP....Sign ups closed (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/mug-rug-swap-sign-ups-closed-t207882.html)

kiwiquilter65 12-20-2012 01:01 AM

I signed up this evening for this exchange after spending an hour or two browsing on the scrappy quilt thread. I have been knitting over the NZ winter and just pulled out the sewing machine to finish some Christmas Ornaments and am feeling inspired to be creative again with fabric:o) . I cant wait to be allocated my swap partner! I love most colours but pink and pastels would have to be my favourite.

Nelco 12-20-2012 01:38 PM

Thought I would be in on what I like...Frogs, Cats, ..(I know a weird combination):shock: any color is fine with me. I have gotten into paper piecing.
There are 52 signed up so far. Wow what a super party we will have. :D

DustysMomma 12-21-2012 01:34 PM

Nancia, I know it's not fair, but we put the photos on the computer at home and we're in Denmark now, so I have no choice.

lynnie 12-21-2012 01:56 PM

Dotty is collecting mugrugs for the kids at sandy hook for valentines day. Sooooooo.....while you're making one for the swap, make a few extra for the kids. Ive done 15 so far. Will continue. Some pced some appliqued. No binding, pillowcasw method. Came out cute.
so all, lets try to make an extra. Cut two at a time.

LAQUITA 12-21-2012 05:30 PM

I personally like bright fun colors like lime green/hot pink, bright floweres, butterflies.
But my more calmer side loves coffee / tea mugs.
My kitchen & most of the house is in hunter green/ burgandies.
HTH my SS out....:)

Momma_K 12-21-2012 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by Nelco (Post 5731545)
Thought I would be in on what I like...Frogs, Cats, ..(I know a weird combination):shock: any color is fine with me. I have gotten into paper piecing.
There are 52 signed up so far. Wow what a super party we will have. :D

Frogs are another thing I like but no one else would ever know! I have plenty of fabric of the little critters but you never hear of anyone liking them much anymore!

mooretll 12-22-2012 02:10 AM

Ok i have to ask, what is the pillow case method. because i still have a horrible time with my binding.
as for my likes i love roosters and hens,coffee,tea and wine. colors,purple and black and white combo.

annthreecats 12-22-2012 02:54 AM

Originally Posted by mooretll (Post 5734223)
Ok i have to ask, what is the pillow case method. because i still have a horrible time with my binding.
as for my likes i love roosters and hens,coffee,tea and wine. colors,purple and black and white combo.

That is where you put right sides together stitching around all sides, leaving about 3 inches open on one side to turn it right side out. Then all you have to do is hand stitch the opening closed and maybe top stitch all sides.

mooretll 12-22-2012 03:08 AM

Originally Posted by annthreecats (Post 5734238)
That is where you put right sides together stitching around all sides, leaving about 3 inches open on one side to turn it right side out. Then all you have to do is hand stitch the opening closed and maybe top stitch all sides.

cool, thanks for the info. where you at in n. fl. i am in Tallahassee.

annthreecats 12-22-2012 05:32 AM

Originally Posted by mooretll (Post 5734244)
cool, thanks for the info. where you at in n. fl. i am in Tallahassee.

Oh, I completely missed your location. Hi neighbor. I'm in Tallahassee, too. Crawfordville highway location. I'm a transplant from NJ 34 years ago and even after local boy left me, I stayed.