Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   MUG RUG SWAP....Sign ups closed (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/mug-rug-swap-sign-ups-closed-t207882.html)

Elisabrat 12-22-2012 05:59 AM

ok food for thought because we get our partners names middle of Jan but have to ship by the end of Jan there seems to me not enough time to just whip out what our partner likes vs what we made am I correct? I think they will only take an hour or two at the most to make at the most so maybe there is time. Its secret so you have to follow close to find out what your partner has posted they like or dont like?

if your a last minute put it together person and you draw me I love holidays. so anything will holiday fabric is good to go with me or seasonal colors? not picky at all and of course my plates are pale pink so you could go with that too. It will go on the center of my dinner table. And I agree for anyone who has a hard time with binding the non binding method is just fine. I think less embellishments are better as well you cant put anything on it if its got those buttons and what nots there. and maybe not as washable. You tube has some extremely good binding videos by the Missouri quilt company. I love their tips and they have an absolutely fool proof lesson on good binding. I think anyone who is scared or had issues with binding should check it out.

jaba 12-22-2012 07:35 AM

I still have Valentine's in my head, but will wait to get my partner and see what she likes. My favorite colors are lavenders and teals. Least favorite orange and yellow.

Momma_K 12-22-2012 07:37 AM

This is the greatest thread!! I love how we can feel free to post our likes and share a part of ourselves with unknown women (or men) around the world! The UK and New Zealand even!! Isn't it just wonderful!! We should make this a monthly thing so we can stay in touch and collect from all over the nation or over seas! I'm just tickled pink!! ;)

jaba 12-22-2012 08:33 AM

I hope it's a monthly swap!! We're all going to need more so when it's time to wash them you have some as a spare :thumbup:

dotcomdtcm 12-22-2012 09:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm in on this swap AND I have a special request. Maybe... you could make an extra mug rug for a collection I have started for the sad, sad kids in Conn. I want 600 or more. Kid fabric, intended as a valentine gift. I started a batch
yesterday. Lynnie is doing these as her 26RAK. I will check w the Acting Principal. If she does not want to give these out, there are other places. Please don't feel obligated. We each give in our own ways.

DustysMomma 12-22-2012 10:09 AM

[QUOTE=mooretll;5734223]Ok i have to ask, what is the pillow case method. because i still have a horrible time with my binding.[QUOTE]

On something as small as a mug rug, I always find that it's easier to partially sew the 4th side as well, leaving several inches open for turning it. That makes it easier to line it up and fold everything to match when you're ready to close it.

On placemats, I usually cut that side a little wider, so I have plenty to tuck in.

Josie Passell 12-22-2012 10:19 AM

Thank you for the handy hint, I think I will try different bindings, edges to see which look best.

Nelco 12-22-2012 11:18 AM

Dotty..I think your idea of the 26RAK is a wonderful idea.

Originally Posted by dotcomdtcm (Post 5734790)
I'm in on this swap AND I have a special request. Maybe... you could make an extra mug rug for a collection I have started for the sad, sad kids in Conn. I want 600 or more. Kid fabric, intended as a valentine gift. I started a batch
yesterday. Lynnie is doing these as her 26RAK. I will check w the Acting Principal. If she does not want to give these out, there are other places. Please don't feel obligated. We each give in our own ways.

lynnie 12-22-2012 05:16 PM

Dusty, what you said, that pillowcase or birthing method.
Wouldnt this be great for once a month. Cant wait to see pics. I did 27 for the rak26. What about the mom????

Momma_K 12-22-2012 08:36 PM

Ok I have to play stupid, what is the RAK26? Sorry. And I'm for it if everyone else is! Need an address to send them to or let us know how this is to work! Be glad to help! :o