Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   NEW UPDATE!! 11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/new-update-11-20-secret-santa-2013-opening-day-december-8-%40-4pm-est-t230050.html)

terriamn 10-03-2013 04:56 PM

I wouldn't want to see anything wiggley or brown unless it was coffee but I have k pods. Do love french vanilla, chocolate, caramel and anything home made. Would prefer no magazines have too many already. Two things I never have enough of are needle threaders and seam rippers :) I love bright really bright colors Don't like brown, grays or muddy colors. Hope this helps my Secret Santa

Neesie 10-03-2013 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by Neesie (Post 6329172)
That would just be cruel. :( :( :( Nah, my fellow-quilter SS would never be so cruel. :)

Originally Posted by dreamer2009 (Post 6329190)
oh yes we would and could.

:( :( :( I . . . :( I . . . :( I just don't know what to say. . . . :( I thought y'all were my friends. . . :( and here y'all are planning to break my heart into a gazillion pieces. :( :( :( Don't you know a 'gag' gift is supposed to make a person laugh? It's not supposed to make a person cry. :( :( :( :( :(

::::::: http://www.quiltingboard.com/images/smilies/frown.png ::::::::

dreamer2009 10-03-2013 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by Neesie (Post 6329209)
:( :( :( I . . . :( I . . . :( I just don't know what to say. . . . :( I thought y'all were my friends. . . :( and here y'all are planning to break my heart into a gazillion pieces. :( :( :( Don't you know a 'gag' gift is supposed to make a person laugh? It's not supposed to make a person cry. :( :( :( :( :(

::::::: :( ::::::::

what over counterfeit money ???
can't spend it so why cry over it.

Neesie 10-03-2013 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by dreamer2009 (Post 6329214)
what over counterfeit money ???
can't spend it so why cry over it.

It's supposed to be a money-order! The 'gag' part would be that it'd be real. :( Don't you see how funny that would be? It'd be soooooo hilarious! :D

rwquilts 10-03-2013 05:27 PM

Oops! Didn't mean to pit Dreamer and Neesie in a lil' difference of opinion...but it's kinda fun to watch non the less...:eek: my bad!!! Sorry girls! :D

mdall 10-03-2013 05:29 PM

Ill take the horsey. I dont mind large, brown, four legged animals.

Yes, you can cry over gag gifts. My grandmother for years asked for a charm bracelet. My grandfather, a farmer knew that he could not afford one. One year he decided it was enough and she was gonna get that charm bracelet no matter what. So, Papa went out to his work shed, found some electrical wire, nuts, and washers. He painted them all wonderful colors in all the kids birthstone colors. He strung them on that wire, put it in a jewelry box, and wrapped it up. Christmas morning after all of us were done with our gifts he gave the box to Meme. She opened it looked at Papa kinda strange. He then explained, I know how much you have been wanting that charm bracelet but I just cant afford it now, so I gave the closest thing I could. Meme then looked at Papa and said its perfect and began to cry. She still has that bracelet and wears it when she is feeling all mushy and such. So, it goes to show, you can in fact cry over a gag gift.

sewnsewer2 10-03-2013 05:31 PM

Embroidered TP! I gave some for gags one x-mas. Lol

grann of 6 10-03-2013 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by Neesie (Post 6329178)
I wonder how many others are allergic to wool. I can't wear wool (or sleep under it) but wool felt doesn't bother my hands, if I use it for crafts.

I can't do wool either. Makes my hands all itchy just to touch it, and my skin breaks out in a rash wherever it touches me.

tlrnhi 10-03-2013 05:36 PM

Nope, has to be F150 and brown.

Originally Posted by Neesie (Post 6328998)
Dh traded in a brown Ford F-150, about a year(?) ago. It was new, at one time. :thumbup:

tlrnhi 10-03-2013 05:37 PM

He sits in my curio. I just love the faces that people make when they see it. Then they realize it's a REAL cobra! of course it's dead. lol

Originally Posted by mdall (Post 6328962)
A cobra in a bottle and scorpions in suckers. Who do you two know? LOL