Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   NEW UPDATE!! 11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/new-update-11-20-secret-santa-2013-opening-day-december-8-%40-4pm-est-t230050.html)

m-fay 11-01-2013 02:03 AM

Originally Posted by Belfrybat (Post 6379225)
I'm having a difficult time getting in the "mood" for this swap. The weather has been in the 80's most of the last three weeks, so not at all in the Christmas Spirit. This is the first time I've participated in a Santa swap where we send before Thanksgiving. Not a complain, just an observation.
Except for a couple of homemade goodies I want to add in, I have purchased most of everything my recipient asked for. She didn't ask for much of a specific nature, and the things she did were doable, so I guess I can say she is "easy". :)

Belfrybat you sound so down. Dreamer may need to put up some more carols. and "fall" photos. I'm sure everyone will join with me & send you a hug. We dont have thanksgiving here and its so hot...really steaming up for summer and the shops arent even into the Christmas Spirit yet either, so I can understand how you feel. This thread for me has been a real lift with all the silliness going on and started Christmas off to an early start. Hugs again for you,

Cally13 11-01-2013 02:33 AM

Hi ladies! I confess I am one of those absent swappers. but I can assure you I have been entertained by all of you the few times I have been on the site. I'm sorry if my absence has been upsetting to my secret Santa. That was not my intention. Work has been crazy this time of year and I am trying to dig my way out of the proverbial hole. I've been busy sewing and shopping for my secret Santa and I can't wait to get this in the mail but there is always "just one more thing" I want to add. Anyway, I will try to be more active.

sustraley 11-01-2013 04:09 AM

Just checked. My SS received the package on Halloween. Hope she is curious and excited. Oh an especially patient.:D

rwquilts 11-01-2013 05:38 AM

[QUOTE
I see we've gotten a few responses to opening day. Best comment is from the international side. To help accommodate them, I think the original idea of 3 p.m. eastern fits pretty well. Shall we stick with this? If no responses, we'll set it for then.
[/QUOTE]

3 pm just won't work for me, but that's okay.

Neesie 11-01-2013 06:11 AM

Originally Posted by Cally13 (Post 6380324)
Hi ladies! I confess I am one of those absent swappers. but I can assure you I have been entertained by all of you the few times I have been on the site. I'm sorry if my absence has been upsetting to my secret Santa. That was not my intention. Work has been crazy this time of year and I am trying to dig my way out of the proverbial hole. I've been busy sewing and shopping for my secret Santa and I can't wait to get this in the mail but there is always "just one more thing" I want to add. Anyway, I will try to be more active.

Welcome to the craziness, Cally13! Down in the hole, we have fresh scones, muffins, coffee, tea, and cocoa - to which you're more than welcome to share - IF you join us in the hole! :thumbup: If, for some unimaginable reason, you choose to stay above with the goody-goodies, you'll have to settle for stale toast and burnt coffee. Well, that's what it smells like they're having. :p

ljs317 11-01-2013 06:12 AM

I'm good for any time for the opening.

Is everyone ok from the past storms rolling in on the eastern seaboard? I lost two huge tree last night and the wind and rain was super scary. Whew glad its over now I just have to clean up this mess. One of the tree landed on the deck and broke a few rail spindles but all in all not to bad. I thought I was headed off to Kansas. Ha Ha.

Neesie 11-01-2013 06:14 AM

Originally Posted by Leota (Post 6380079)
Hazel B doesn't post any at all because she doesn't use the computer. She just celebrated her 90th birthday and was a fabulous seamstress in her day. She loves sewing but because of vision issues and other health issues she has not been able to sew in about 8 years. She loves hearing about what we're doing in the naughty corner and the hole... She also loves seeing the quilts that everyone makes and posts pic.
If you are her SS don't think she doesn't like being here... computers terrify her...

Since you're 'representing' Hazel B, as well as yourself, she's with us in spirit. :)
{{{{{{ Hazel B }}}}}

Neesie 11-01-2013 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by m-fay (Post 6380308)
8pm (8am Dec9 my time)would be better for me, but I'm only 1,& if its 3pm (3am Dec9 my time) I plan to be in the fun at the same time as everybody else! so majority rules & I'll be there!

Are those two times our only choices? How about if we split the difference? Would that be acceptable to all?

buddy'smom 11-01-2013 06:17 AM

Mine will maybe be out tomorrow, Oh where is it going? Maybe North, South, East or West???

Tink's Mom 11-01-2013 06:28 AM

Oops, I remembered wrong on the time! Sorry international friends...anything could happen with me....

Got to get to work....