Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   NEW UPDATE!! 11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/new-update-11-20-secret-santa-2013-opening-day-december-8-%40-4pm-est-t230050.html)

m-fay 12-17-2013 02:27 AM

I'd love to see a white Christmas, just like the ones Bing Crosby sings about, with sleigh bells jingling etc. and all those things like chesnuts roasting on an open fire, carol singers & all....Dreaming....

rwquilts 12-17-2013 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by m-fay (Post 6460269)
I'd love to see a white Christmas, just like the ones Bing Crosby sings about, with sleigh bells jingling etc. and all those things like chesnuts roasting on an open fire, carol singers & all....Dreaming....

The old movies make the Christmas experience seem so magical don't they??? Looks like you're getting some sun and ocean fun though? White Christmas's are fun to be sure...but after a really short time they get dingy and dirty and icky looking, but big fat snowflakes falling softly on Christmas Eve is pretty cool! :)

tlrnhi 12-17-2013 12:13 PM

Ok, snow and ice cleared out of driveway. Now going to take a short nap then pack. Heading to NYC for a couple days. Love the windows decorated all up pretty and going to hopefully get some whimsical ornaments again at Macy's. Going to go see Santa and have pic taken, but not telling Bill we are doing that. :):)
Hope everyone has a great rest of the week....

Forgot to add...no, we are NOT driving. We are taking the train in. Only a 2 1/2 hour ride and much cheaper and less headaches than driving and parking. Plus, you can't pay me enough to drive in NYC!

dreamer2009 12-17-2013 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by tlrnhi (Post 6461215)
Ok, snow and ice cleared out of driveway. Now going to take a short nap then pack. Heading to NYC for a couple days. Love the windows decorated all up pretty and going to hopefully get some whimsical ornaments again at Macy's. Going to go see Santa and have pic taken, but not telling Bill we are doing that. :):)
Hope everyone has a great rest of the week....

Forgot to add...no, we are NOT driving. We are taking the train in. Only a 2 1/2 hour ride and much cheaper and less headaches than driving and parking. Plus, you can't pay me enough to drive in NYC!

you be very nice to Santa while sitting on his knee !!!!!

CookyIN 12-17-2013 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by tlrnhi (Post 6459366)
I'm going to be closing the thread next week.

Oh dear; we've been waiting for Pat to get out of the hospital and open her present. Hope she's able to let us know all is well before the thread is closed!

quiltingdragon 12-17-2013 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by sew_Tracy (Post 6450575)
I have not heard a peep from my SSR, sent her a PM. I realize that the weather conditions and conditions of life might preclude reading this board. I was just excited about one of the gag gifts relating to Coconut rum and hot chocolate!

Hi All, and especially Sew_Tracy(hope you got my pm earlier this week): I got home from Germany/Austria earlier today and immediately opened my box. I love it all, will have to post pictures later as my camera is completely overloaded. She even sent me coconut rum! She managed to find so much stuff on my "like" list! Thanks again!

On a side note, traveling with quilters is so much fun, this was my first quilting trip. I cannot recommend Sew Many Places highly enough! Ready to start a new project as Bonnie Hunter, our hostess, taught Intro to English Paper Piecing as none of us could bring our machines.

m-fay 12-17-2013 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by rwquilts (Post 6460583)
The old movies make the Christmas experience seem so magical don't they??? Looks like you're getting some sun and ocean fun though? White Christmas's are fun to be sure...but after a really short time they get dingy and dirty and icky looking, but big fat snowflakes falling softly on Christmas Eve is pretty cool! :)

We're far from the sea this Christmas. Last Christmas (when my avitar pic was taken) we were in Exmouth and temps were over 40C. Its cooler this year, in Kalgoorlie...Temps only in the 30C's so far. Unfortunately no Ocean.

sew_Tracy 12-17-2013 06:07 PM

Yep, got your PM and STILL jealous!!!!

bezzie2013 12-18-2013 09:18 AM

Our Christmas is put on hold I was admitted to the hospital once again 2nd time in the last 2 months my body is storing way to much fluids again.

Neesie 12-18-2013 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by bezzie2013 (Post 6462654)
Our Christmas is put on hold I was admitted to the hospital once again 2nd time in the last 2 months my body is storing way to much fluids again.

{{{{{Bezzie2013}}}}} ::::: sending prayers, for healing! ::::::