Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Nov 2016 - Feb 2017 Wall Hanging Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/nov-2016-feb-2017-wall-hanging-swap-t283447.html)

ube quilting 11-25-2016 07:37 AM

2 Attachment(s)
After the holiday hi! Mini quilts have really grabbed my attention so look into the future, March to be exact, I downsized a full size quilt to 12.5" sq so far.

I call this one "A Little Irish"
[ATTACH=CONFIG]562740[/ATTACH]

And what I saw on my morning walk.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]562741[/ATTACH]
These beauties belong to a neighbor two houses away and we get to see them pasturing occasionally. We can hear the Emus' throaty drumming all the time. Wonderful to know them.
peace

Cogito 11-25-2016 09:04 AM

Haha ube I am a left hander also and had the same experience! My mother both knitted and crocheted beautifully. I have a sister who is a master knitter and a daughter who crochets. I just love quilting. 😊

Anoka Quilter 11-27-2016 10:37 AM

Love the quilt Ube

rbwiese 11-29-2016 04:29 PM

Love the quilts and afghans posted here. My mom (also left handed) taught me to crochet and I learned to knit late in life - I knit most of the time because arthritis makes crocheting hurt a little more.

As for using up stash - I might have to live to 450 to be able to use up all yarn/fabric stash!

LAQUITA 11-29-2016 07:34 PM

Hello Everyone,
I have contacted Rhonda & want to join in on the fun. Could someone please tell me what the 'theme' is? I couldn't find it anywhere. I must if over looked it. Thanks'

ube quilting 11-29-2016 07:54 PM

Hi LAQUITA, welcome to the swap. This is a swap with no theme. It is always makers choice. The only rule as far as design is to make it bigger than a mug rug and small enough that most people will have a spot to hang it. Most of us usually, with some exceptions, make quilts about 2 square feet in size but there is no real limit.

The most important thing is to PM Rhonda when you have your wall hanging done and ready to send or your name will not go on the ready to send list.

So feel free to make anything you want. We love to see patterns, fabrics and progress and hear about your life and pictures too. We will do our best to answer questions and support each other.

Hope this helps.
peaced

Rhonda 11-29-2016 09:02 PM

To add to ube's description -- noone knows who gets which wall hanging so post all the pictures you want of your progress and the final wall hanging!! We love pictures of all kinds!

Welcome to all these new swappers or returning swappers! We're happy to have you join us!

Rhonda 11-29-2016 09:04 PM

The Sign up list is just for fun and only to see who is interested in playing along.
The list that counts is the Ready to Mail list at the end of this swap.

It's great to have you back ladies! Great to have new people join in!!

1. Anoka Quilter
2. ube quilting
3. Annaquilts
4. ljdugas31
5. MarionsQuilts
6. klaws
7. LaQuita
8. R-sea
9. marytoddliz

JNCT14 12-01-2016 02:58 AM

Rhonda I'm in as well

Rhonda 12-01-2016 01:51 PM

The Sign up list is just for fun and only to see who is interested in playing along.
The list that counts is the Ready to Mail list at the end of this swap.

It's great to have you back ladies! Great to have new people join in!!

1. Anoka Quilter
2. ube quilting
3. Annaquilts
4. ljdugas31
5. MarionsQuilts
6. klaws
7. LaQuita
8. R-sea
9. marytoddliz
10.skaduzy
11.JNCT14