Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   November 2013 PINCUSHION & NEEDLECASE SECRET SWAP (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/november-2013-pincushion-needlecase-secret-swap-t233213.html)

JuneBillie 11-11-2013 11:03 AM

Oh my goodness. Talk about my brain being out to lunch. lol.... I just happened to look at the requirements of the materials to be used, and I did not make my pincushion with cotton. I will make another today, but it won't be the same one. I will keep the other one, but at some point I will show you what it looks like or maybe not. lol.... Ok, I might be a day or two later getting mine out after all. Have a great week everyone.

lynnie 11-11-2013 11:26 AM

if it's mine, it's o.k. if it's not out of cotton.

I just realized I did not make my santa belly out of cotton, it's velvet, is that o.k. (it might be cotton velvet, I don't know) any objections?

JuneBillie 11-11-2013 11:55 AM

It's not yours lynnie, but sweet of you. Your velvet still has a lot of cotton. Mine was different. I have already found another fabric, and tonight if I can I will do my best to get it done. The other one took me longer because I did a lot of hand embroidery on it.

lynnie 11-11-2013 02:12 PM

well junebillie, no worries, send it on to me for my collection!!!

lawsonmugs 11-11-2013 04:33 PM

Junebillie, If it is mine send the one already made. I don't care either if it isn't cotton.

JuneBillie 11-11-2013 06:04 PM

Even though you all are so kind, I will have to make another, because my husband wants it left in the house. lol.... I am serious he does. I think it's because he seen how much fun I had making it. He is sweet that way. :) I promise to do my best on the one I am sending, but it will be totally different. Hope my special partner likes it. Later when I have time, I will still put a pic of this one. Then all of you may be glad you didn't get it. :D

Old_Rosebud 11-11-2013 06:56 PM

JuneBillie - I received a gorgeous witchy pumpkin from Argentium for last month's swap. It was made out of felt or wool (I swear I asked! Old-timer's I guess LOL). I loved it! The material wouldn't be a hold up for me either. But - if hubby wants it to stay home then it must be special. :) Please do post pics later.

paintmejudy 11-12-2013 07:37 AM

The original requirements were for 100% cotton or wool felt because polyester dulls a pin or needle (craft felt from Michaels and Joann is made with polyeste.). However, I think most of these cushions are being used as decorative items. I will add a line in next month's participant info sheet if they are using the cushion for daily use or for decorative purposes. (I know when I first joined last summer I received cushions made out of poly and one from upholstery material.)

If you haven't mailed, the due date for mailing is Nov. 22nd so you have plenty of time.

paintmejudy 11-12-2013 08:34 AM

If anyone is unable to fulfill their obligation please let me know immediately so I can arrange for an angel to send a cushion to your assigned name. Thank you.

JuneBillie 11-12-2013 12:58 PM

Thanks paintmejudy for your update. I am having fun with the one I am making now.