Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   November 2013 PINCUSHION & NEEDLECASE SECRET SWAP (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/november-2013-pincushion-needlecase-secret-swap-t233213.html)

lynnie 11-20-2013 11:55 AM

Love the fabric Jami, nice and bright and cheerful.
weather is o.k. here today about 47 but nice and sunny. it's cozy in the sunny areas.
it's going to be chilly tonight may 27. it's an extra quilt night here.
finished my placemats yesterday. yeah, never finish things for myself. even shipped
out my Christmas presents, all shipped today, now just little things that can go in
a padded envelope. i'm doing great today. hope all of you are to!!!

JuneBillie 11-20-2013 01:28 PM

I am glad you like it jami. I love making pincushions, but I am busy now getting all these Christmas things done. Someday maybe I will be more like lynnie when it comes to getting things out. Hey girls, she is our model.

Blue Cat 11-21-2013 12:47 AM

go to goodwill or salvation army and buy pair of used baby shoes to make 2 pincushions. attach all sorts of cute doodads and frou frous to the pincushions. it is quick to do and they are adorable!

Originally Posted by mdall (Post 6375946)
Lawsonmugs, I love those pincushion that take a normal everyday decor items that people turn into pincushions. If you are talking about the one I think I would love that one. I also like the ones that use the molded shoes with all the bling. Cant find those darn shoes here or I would have given one of those a go. I just finished a basic mason jar cushion with some sewing notions attached to the jar for another swap. Will post a pic in a few once I am sure the glue has set. Still debating if I should add a few of the buttons to the top of the cushion or not.

Blue Cat 11-21-2013 12:51 AM

i'd count the cup and saucer. the saucer is good for holding all sorts of other notions,

lynnie 11-21-2013 10:46 AM

don't forget the doallar stores for cute things you can make into a pincushions.
a lot of little things can be a component to a pincushion also

JuneBillie 11-21-2013 01:32 PM

Your right lynnie, because now my husband knows every time I am in there I am snoopy around at things to see what they might be used in.

lynnie 11-21-2013 02:40 PM

last year on my Christmas pincushion, I got an ornament at the $ store and cut the metal tree off and used it. great upcycle. this yr, I made potholders out of my old cotton jeans, hey, you never know

Blue Cat 11-21-2013 07:19 PM

lynnie, you can make a platter out of silver premo polymer clay. just the regular clay, not the one that is real metal. that would be extremely expensive to get into for a couple of platters. i know it is too late now, but i just wanted to put the thought out there for everyone. it has directions and is easy to use.

Originally Posted by lynnie (Post 6383078)
tried all of them, the party goods dollar stores, michaels, thrift stores. I've been looking for a small silverplate dish for about a month. can't find them. I guess 'coz people don't use calling cards anymore.

just finished my December pc's. i'm working on January, have one done. feb, I gotta wait to see who I have. March is a pita, can't get what I need, so I have to wait a bit. might start april next week. or I might switch February all together. I like to get done ahead of time, but I kinda want to personalize it too, so,,,the big delima. May might be something simple, floral, mothers day ish. I don't know yet. I want to see what others have done for this month, and hope people like what I do and they get.

Blue Cat 11-21-2013 07:35 PM

lynnie, that turkey is just too darn funny. i have to have one for my collection. would you be willing to share your pattern with me? would you be willing to trust me in a side swap when you know it is hard for me to meet a hard deadline with my disabilities? i'll promise to do you proud if not fast. please. love, laura

lynnie 11-22-2013 08:08 AM

blue cat, great idea about the fimo. I gotta find the pattern, gave it away to someone, made it myself, gotta see if I made a copy.