Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   November/December 2010 Doll Quilt Swap (with a secret twist!) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/november-december-2010-doll-quilt-swap-secret-twist-t71009.html)

Lynnie25 11-29-2010 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by MistyMarie
Australia gets snow, right? Just not this time of year.

I have actually been to where my quilt will be heading. It was while I was on vacation to the 1984 World's Fair. That was a long vacation because we ended up going through about fifteen other states!

Most places don't get snow this time of the year, however I have had a couple of 'white' Christmas Days.

Oh, a history lesson - scrambling to find out where the 1984 World's Fair was held - probably not Australia as we don't have 15 other states :( Oh well !

KellyK 11-29-2010 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by kwiltkrazy
Not acceptable? Why would it be non-acceptable? It's a gorgeous quilt! It is definitely acceptable to me. You did a wonderful job. I'm sure your partner will love it.

I concur!

KellyK 11-29-2010 03:03 PM

LJ Dugas31 That is one cute quilt!

KellyK 11-29-2010 03:05 PM

Moosegirl, I really love your quilt! Fantastic combination of fabrics!

candi 11-29-2010 03:14 PM

I have actually been to where my quilt will be heading. It was while I was on vacation to the 1984 World's Fair. That was a long vacation because we ended up going through about fifteen other states!

Well, not Florida then :mrgreen: I won't tell either.

kwiltkrazy 11-29-2010 04:42 PM

Sorry for your loss Suzanne of Texas.

jetnica 11-29-2010 04:53 PM

My partner's quilt went out in the mail today! someone in the south needs to watch for the mailman!

SewExtremeSeams 11-29-2010 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by candi

It can't be the Washington State (out west!) desert since we have had snow on the ground frozen in place for about 10 days now. ...rats! :cry:

woody 11-29-2010 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by jetnica
My partner's quilt went out in the mail today! someone in the south needs to watch for the mailman!

How far South???? Australia is a long long way south :lol:

candi 11-29-2010 05:15 PM

Oh my Linda, you reminded me of the three months we spent in Spokane during the winter..Dec 2008-Feb 2009...we had about seven feet of snow in three weeks :shock: It pretty much snowed constantly for three weeks..I cried..some roofs collapsed, driving was a nightmare, cars were getting plowed as they were hidden under the snow...not very pleasant times for me. I am glad I don't have to do that anymore. All of you living in such snow zones are troopers in my eyes..I'll take 100 degrees anytime :mrgreen:

Originally Posted by SewExtreme

Originally Posted by candi

It can't be the Washington State (out west!) desert since we have had snow on the ground frozen in place for about 10 days now. ...rats! :cry: