Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   November - February 2019 Wall Hanging Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/november-february-2019-wall-hanging-swap-t300674.html)

klaws 01-16-2019 07:58 AM

Skaduzy, love your wall hanging!!! I would love to have it. :) I'm starting to work on mine now. We are expecting to get over 6" of snow this weekend so you know where I will be.

granky 01-21-2019 01:53 PM

Honestly, I thought I posted and inquiry...wondering why no one was working on any of their projects?...but when I came back to see if there were any responses...it wasn't there! So I'll try again...I know there are some quilters who said they were 'in'...but maybe they want their creation to be a surprise? Personally, I would love to see the progress...since this is my first 'swap' maybe I'm expecting too much? If so, I apologize but would still enjoy seeing pictures...just sayin'.....

klaws 01-21-2019 06:14 PM

I have the top of my wallhanging finished. All I have to do is sandwich and quilt it. It's a little on the larger size and will probably end up to be about 26" x 28". Does anyone have a problem with that size? If so, I can make something else. I probably won't get to finish it until maybe next week. My good sewing machine froze up on me and I had to get out my older one. It's good for straight stitching but not good for quilting. I have to decide what I'm going to do.

Judith1005 01-21-2019 07:18 PM

Klaws, size doesn't matter to me. Quilt up your beauty and have fun.

Annaquilts 01-21-2019 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by klaws (Post 8197524)
I have the top of my wallhanging finished. All I have to do is sandwich and quilt it. It's a little on the larger size and will probably end up to be about 26" x 28". Does anyone have a problem with that size? If so, I can make something else. I probably won't get to finish it until maybe next week. My good sewing machine froze up on me and I had to get out my older one. It's good for straight stitching but not good for quilting. I have to decide what I'm going to do.

No problem with me. I love a little larger size and would love to receive it. My eagle wall hanging several swaps ago was even larger I think.

Annaquilts 01-21-2019 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by R-sea (Post 8186075)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]606160[/ATTACH]Hopefully two more of these joined together will be my wall hanging representing the Australian summer bush. We have a bright orange flowered native tree that blooms around Christmas and is known as a Christmas tree . The pattern I am using is to represent a bush fire but with all the bad fire over your way I didn't want to do that yet I wanted to try the design so I came up with this idea . I hope who receives it will be happy with it

Now how cute is that? I love Australia, oranges and greens. This block sings. Can't wait to see it all.

kwyltaholic 01-21-2019 08:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok, I am ready!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]607200[/ATTACH]

Rumbols 01-22-2019 04:03 AM

Wow, you all have been busy. Lovely wall hangings. I really like the bunny one, awesome. But then again all of the wall hangings are awesome. klaws, any size walll hanging will do. I tend to make mine bigger than the average all the time.

granky 01-22-2019 01:28 PM

Kwyltaholic..I love your wall hanging...thanks for showing it to us!

Klaws...26 x 28 sounds like a good size....it's bigger than a mug rug and smaller than a quilt...right?

Queenbarbiej 01-22-2019 01:42 PM

What kind of hanger do we use on the wall quilts?