Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   November - February 2019 Wall Hanging Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/november-february-2019-wall-hanging-swap-t300674.html)

Teen 12-01-2018 12:12 AM

Rumbols.....Yea!! So happy to hear this news and all is well with you. What a wonderful Christmas present, yes? So happy for you!

Rhonda.... Awesome kaleidoscope dresdons. Something I haven't tried yet cuz it looks so intimidating. Well done!

amalia64 12-01-2018 12:49 PM

Those are so pretty Rhonda.. What size are they?

skaduzy 12-01-2018 06:19 PM

Rumbols, So glad you had some good news and hoping the next tests come out well, too.

Rhonda, your work is beautiful...love the kaleidoscopes! I don't know how you can do the Mini's. They are so little and cute. My fingers are too big, I guess. :D.

craftyjulz 12-02-2018 12:57 AM

Doing a kaleidoscope quilt is a big want of mine. I’ve had the perfect fabric set aside for it for years. I’m just hoping I can convince one of our LQS’s to do a class on it. I’d feel better that way being guided through at least the first one. I’ve been waiting so long though I may just get up the nerve & do it. They definitely seem intimidating like you said Teen.
Rhonda, I don’t know how you do those miniatures. Keeping those seems allowances so perfect for such a little thing would drive me nuts. I figure that you have to be spot on with minis.

WANNABEE 12-02-2018 05:08 AM

Connecting threads has a tutorial for the kaleidoscope. Look under free patterns.

Judith1005 12-02-2018 05:37 AM

Rhonda, your Kaleidoscope's are just darling! They have perfect placement. :eek:

Annaquilts 12-02-2018 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by Rumbols (Post 8168535)
Well, I got the wall hanging done and I am ready to ship. I did a spring type WH with flowers again. If you go to www.allpeoplequilt.com and look up Fiesta Flowers WH, you will see the pattern I used. Didn't use the same fabric colors and changed the background to all white. I sewed the background with some of the fancy stitching on my sewing machine to make it look like wall paper (something new for me) before appliqueing the flowers on. I used a batik FQ set and pieced the binding when done. Hope this is clear enough to get a picture of what the wall hanging looks like (can't post pics). Will pm our host and likely not be on the board for a few days or weeks depending on my doctor. I will be reading whenever I can, so good luck to everybody with their wall hangings. Everyone have a nice safe holiday next month.

I finaly found it. That is so pretty!

Annaquilts 12-02-2018 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by Rhonda (Post 8169259)
Well this is our 20th swap and I promises some surprises

Here is a sneaky peek at something that may come your way sometime over the next 3 months

It may be a keychain or a magnet or the center of something bigger LOL Ignore the little black thread LOL

This is 3" x 3"
[ATTACH=CONFIG]604641[/ATTACH]

Pretty and mini! I am dabbling in trying a smaller scale. I took a class that we did Lori Holt's Farm Girl Vintage quilt and I learned a lot about smaller scale blocks. I also bought some smaller rulers, cutting mat and cutter. Not necessary but helpfull. Can't wait to see my goody from Rhonda. So kind of you!

Rhonda 12-09-2018 08:00 PM

The dresden Kaleidoscopes are so easy. If you want to learn I'd be happy to show you. I send out a free template for the DKs.

I teach my own shortcut methods which make the minis easier to do. You can use the method for any size not just minis.

I have a lot of tutorials on this forum.

I am having some serious sewing machine frustration LOL My favorite brother decided to lock up on me. I have 4 other brothers but they were bought for my grandkids to use when here so they are more simple machines. I want to use a particular stitch on my Project Runway machine but it is locked up. I finally gave in and ordered another one on Ebay. I need this stitch to finish one of those goodies I will be sending out LOL

Annaquilts 12-09-2018 09:00 PM

In the Netherlands many people do mini quilts because the cost of fabric over there is even more prohibitive but I just like doing minis for the sake of doing small quilts. They are just so stinking cute.