Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   NOVEMBER Pincushion and Needlecase Swap - Signup Closes October 31 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/november-pincushion-needlecase-swap-signup-closes-october-31-a-t255753.html)

TOOMANYUFO'S 11-02-2014 06:11 AM

It is a wild storm here. The wind is blowing NE about 45 knots off from the ocean right onto our house. It is 34 degrees at 9am. Last night we had a snow/rain mix. I hate winter cold. It is not fun driving on bad roads.

Patchesnposies 11-02-2014 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by TOOMANYUFO'S (Post 6953101)
It is a wild storm here. The wind is blowing NE about 45 knots off from the ocean right onto our house. It is 34 degrees at 9am. Last night we had a snow/rain mix. I hate winter cold. It is not fun driving on bad roads.

Did a sojourn in SD and hated the COLD and driving on ICY roads. Miss the wildlife, but not the winters.

Hope you don't have to go out into it. Stay safe and warm!

nhnative 11-02-2014 06:32 AM

Mary 22 is too cold for this early. I didn't get any snow but west of me had 1 inch yesterday. Karen I don't want to see any snow at all. Dwina it looks like lots of snow for Me today. I don't mind the cold as you can stay inside but when I'm out I don't like driving in the snow or worse yet, ice. Rosemary you did a good job on your purses and what a lot of snowmen. I'll take a pic of the key snowman when I get home this afternoon. The camera is in the car. My heat has been off and on for weeks now, but I'm only putting it up to 67. At night I put it down to 63. It's not for me.
Karen that's cold for Fl. Have you been living there all that time?
Everyone have a great day

klaws 11-02-2014 08:11 AM

No, I lived in Virginia for 15 years before moving to Florida in 2001. We didn't get much snow there where I lived in Newport News.

lynnie 11-02-2014 08:57 AM

woke up to 55 in the house. finally let dh turn on the heat. I have a rule about it.
we'll be using heat every day now for 6 months, and I try to save when a quilt and sweatshirt will do.
just put on the news. the poor people of Maine are having quite a snowstorm. up to 7".
It seems to be whipping around up there.

My pc is going out tomorrow. I figure we should start getting pictures maybe Tuesday or Wednesday.

In the meantime......We need some pictures!!! Thanking you all in advance (for the photos)

lawsonmugs 11-02-2014 09:48 AM

Lynnie no snow yet. Usually get a quick snow around thanksgiving. It's usually a fluffy big flaked snow and doesn't stick around very long. My kind of snow. Here long enough to say how pretty then gone. Sis,pretty bags. Is Rob still there? Everyone stay warm and have a good sunday.

lynnie 11-02-2014 12:47 PM

I felt like I was camping this morning it was so cold in here.
It's been blowing like crazy outside today, like a mini hurricane.
all the leaves are doing that tornado thing on the patio.

nhnative 11-02-2014 01:18 PM

2 Attachment(s)
It's 46 out now but going down to 32 tonight. It did seem warmer when I went to the 3 Estate Sales today. I got 2 more cedar souvenir boxes and the best deal was 6 yards of tassel trim for $1. Here's a pic of the piano key snowman. Gee she could have made a reindeer too

Patchesnposies 11-02-2014 02:31 PM

Question for you veteran Needlecase creators......this is my first time and I have found lots of patterns and ideas. They all call for felt and I want to make sure that I am using the right kind. Does everyone use wool felt? I'll need to order online, if folks can post their favorite online "store" I would appreciate it! Deb

Mrs Shak 11-02-2014 02:52 PM

If I use felt, yes I use wool. I don't have to order online but I have used http://www.createforless.com for supplies. If you have an old wool sweater laying around, cut it up!