Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   November Secret Pal Sign Up Closed (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/november-secret-pal-sign-up-closed-t162544.html)

onaemtnest 11-22-2011 05:54 AM

Thanks for the reply Juli, I think if this tradition is started your family will be amazed at pictures as Brooklyn grows, I wish I'd done that with our daughter!

Originally Posted by Juli (Post 4702917)
I went to Bradford exhange and found something similar last night and am going to give it to her for Christmas. Its 18" long, comes with a pacificer and hospital braclet so you can write a name on it, a baby outfit, and the skin on the doll feels real because its made from two different vinyl formulas and it has hair and eye lashes. It looks like a real baby. It was 99.99. but you can pay for it in 4 installments, so on Christmas I planned on taking her picture next to it because she is just on inch longer then this doll right now.

onaemtnest 11-22-2011 06:01 AM

Originally Posted by catpawski (Post 4708643)
Question.............will there be a swap next month?????????????

I sure hope so as I've been collecting special things in anticipation of a December/Holiday swap :0)

Havplenty 11-22-2011 07:50 AM

i have allso been collecting things for the dec swap. i do believe that lori said in oct there would be a dec swap.

Originally Posted by onaemtnest (Post 4708981)
I sure hope so as I've been collecting special things in anticipation of a December/Holiday swap :0)

Havplenty 11-22-2011 07:55 AM

i just acquired a recipe for some pumpkin cheesecake bites. i can bring those along with me for those i join on the bench. any takers?

Originally Posted by TOOMANYUFO'S (Post 4708142)
I too am still waiting, but I'll have my eggnog and hot chocolate without the extra add ins. I'll check post office tomorrow maybe my pkg will be there.

lawsonmugs 11-22-2011 07:58 AM

Linda cute puppy fabric. What a nice bag,very nicely made. Sue you could request me again for your partner. I loved your swap and you know what I like already.lolMary

lawsonmugs 11-22-2011 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by Havplenty (Post 4709464)
i just acquired a recipe for some pumpkin cheesecake bites. i can bring those along with me for those i join on the bench. any takers?

Mary how about a copy of the recipe. PLEASE.sounds yummy. tomm

Juli 11-22-2011 09:30 AM

That Purple Thang is the thing I went into a craft/fabric store for for a few weeks ago and asked for and the Salesperson had no clue what I was talking about when I asked if they had it. She just asked me: If it was something you sat on?

I wanted to die laughing right in the store!

Originally Posted by LindaC (Post 4708557)
Here are the goodies I received in my sp package from Fayzer.
a beautiful ruched bag (there's a fight between two dd's and me over this one), threads, needles, rotary cutter blade, the cutest sewing machine buttons, pack of tissues, georgous fabrics (in my fav colour) a little finger light, fabric marker, coffee sachets, a thimble, cream, lipstick, makeup brush and a purple thang (I've heard so much about this but never actually seen one) and a beautiful card.
Thank you so much Fayzer (Faye).
:D

Quilty-Louise 11-22-2011 11:13 AM

Fall break is about over.

What does that mean for me? well it means that come January 17 I will
be back in school and will have very little time for sewing, what with having
homework to do. Thankfully though my 2 classes are going to be online
so that will make trying to find a part time job easier for me.

I just HOPE that I will be able to continue doing swaps, we shall see though.

Moedeenie 11-22-2011 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by Juli (Post 4709825)
That Purple Thang is the thing I went into a craft/fabric store for for a few weeks ago and asked for and the Salesperson had no clue what I was talking about when I asked if they had it. She just asked me: If it was something you sat on?

I wanted to die laughing right in the store!

How funny Juli! The very idea of sitting on a Purple Thang make me go YIKES!!! I bet she was thinking of the Purple Gypsy Sit-Upon, intended to improve your posture and give relief to your backside after hours of sewing. My DH uses mine in his computer chair for back pain.

Havplenty 11-22-2011 12:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
okay i'm trying this post one more time. the recipe is from one of the chefs from a local grocery store chain that she made to go along with this week's recipe. enjoy.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]290229[/ATTACH]

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs (Post 4709481)
Mary how about a copy of the recipe. PLEASE.sounds yummy. tomm