Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   November Secret Pal Sign up Closes Nov 3rd CDST 4pm (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/november-secret-pal-sign-up-closes-nov-3rd-cdst-4pm-t204478.html)

verna2197 11-16-2012 08:17 AM

Off Topic-Don't know how many of you heard but Hostess is closing down. There goes the Twinkies and cupcakes. Think I will go to the store and stock up on The Cupcakes, man I sure do love them.

skaduzy 11-16-2012 08:37 AM

I have a sneaky feeling that my sp gift is coming today! Mailman comes around 1:30 so I will be waiting by the door.
Also Happy Birthday to all of you, my next is 69 and I still feel like I could dance all night......that is my mind, my body says NO................:D

sewdamncute 11-16-2012 08:58 AM

Kathy,
It was a lot of fun making up your package. I'm so glad you enjoyed it after a loooong day at work!
Darlene

dabbler312 11-16-2012 10:02 AM

Happy birthday Twinkie - have a great day of celebration.

Waiting for sp to receive their package - post master reminded me yesterday that we're just coming into their busy season so please allow an extra day or two for your package to arrive at it's destination - his words not mine.

Clue - might be snow on the ground where my secret pal lives.

Knitette 11-16-2012 10:06 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Pic as promised of my fab gift from shortmom5. Thank you so much - loved it all!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]376877[/ATTACH]

Fergus enjoying his new toy, but on 'high alert' in case anyone tries to steal it!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]376878[/ATTACH]

Anastasia 11-16-2012 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by twinkie (Post 5660315)
Well, today is my B/Day #70. Wish I could say I don't feel it, but thank GOD I am alive. A wonderful husband, 6 children, 18 grandchildren and expecting 6th great grandchild. I am blessed.

Happy Birthday Brenda.

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAYYYY.. to everyone... that has a birthday that I missed...or is today.

skaduzy 11-16-2012 11:41 AM

sp package

2 Attachment(s)
I just received my package from Kathy - hav4boys- and it is full of homemade things. I love it all!
She made me a twirly scarf that will go perfect with my black jacket, sugar salt scrub (anxious to try this out), kitchen dish cloth and a scrubbie. I also got a Fern Michaels novel (one that I haven't read), black licorice, Werthers candies, assorted teas, quilting pins, needles, kiwi bath salts, 2 pairs of fluffy footies, 6 fat quarters in my favorite colors, and a cute fuzzy purple mouse for the Sass. I think I remembered everything. It is a lot!
Thanks so much Kathy. You made it all in my colors!

Plus the nice card, I think she made that too.

grammyj 11-16-2012 12:13 PM

Mailed my package yesterday, PO said it would be delivered today.. It was going south west. Well I just checked the conformation and it says it will be delivered Saturday.

hav4boys 11-16-2012 12:28 PM

So glad you liked it Skaduzy! It was a blast making things in your colors, as they are colors I like too!

jaba 11-16-2012 12:29 PM

One is out for delivery today and the other is not updated yet, sorry can't tell you how close it is to your front door.