Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   October 2011 Doll Quilt Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/october-2011-doll-quilt-swap-t154987.html)

eagleoneowl2u2 10-02-2011 08:32 PM

Im in and already sent the PM. Thanks and I hope that my swap partner will be ready for something cute and fun!!!!

Judith1005 10-03-2011 04:16 AM

Originally Posted by pattis47
I've been stitching all day.....sore fingers.....but making headway on what I hope will be a pretty quilt for my partner

Ack!! :oops:i'm still trying to find a pattern. i have the perfect material. ;) I start a new job today at Joann Fabrics. So i will be surrounded by inspiration. It's going to be great, i'm sure of it. :D

1234Irene 10-03-2011 04:55 AM

I'm heading out to look for inspiration from an 80 year old friend that is destashing........ Says she wants to spread some of her love of quilting around to some of her dearest friends. She called yesterday, asking me to come over. This will be so fun for the both of us. She always teaches me a thing or two. Maybe "we" can come up with an idea for this months swap....Hope my partner doesn't mind me sharing her with my friend. :)

Ms Grace 10-03-2011 05:01 AM

Originally Posted by 1234Irene
I'm heading out to look for inspiration from an 80 year old friend that is destashing........ Says she wants to spread some of her love of quilting around to some of her dearest friends. She called yesterday, asking me to come over. This will be so fun for the both of us. She always teaches me a thing or two. Maybe "we" can come up with an idea for this months swap....Hope my partner doesn't mind me sharing her with my friend. :)

Sounds like a fun day. :)

Dragonfly Nana 10-03-2011 02:07 PM

It was raining here all weekend - and my DH does most of that now. :thumbup:

Originally Posted by oksewglad

Originally Posted by Dragonfly Nana
I have been drawing and cutting and pressing all day. Tomorrow I begin the sewing. :-)

On a roll girl! I'm spending the week doing yard work!

Chele 10-03-2011 04:34 PM

A good point was brought up to me today about labeling your quilt. Quilt labels are important to a finished quilt just as an artist's signature is important to a painting.

Mini quilt labels don't have to be anything fancy. You can write directly on the backside of your quilt with a fabric marker or even a Sharpie that won't bleed through to sign your creation. Or iron some double sided fusible paper to some scrap fabric and write on that. Cut it with your scissors (or pinking shears if you want to get fancy) and adhere it to the back of your quilt.

If you need some label ideas, just let me know. I can write up a tutorial on easy labeling methods. You know how we're all getting. It will be nice to know who made you your quilt at an easy glance!

dyer804 10-03-2011 04:49 PM

Thanks for the suggestion. I wouldn't mind a tutorial on creating labels.

Originally Posted by Chele
A good point was brought up to me today about labeling your quilt. Quilt labels are important to a finished quilt just as an artist's signature is important to a painting.

Mini quilt labels don't have to be anything fancy. You can write directly on the backside of your quilt with a fabric marker or even a Sharpie that won't bleed through to sign your creation. Or iron some double sided fusible paper to some scrap fabric and write on that. Cut it with your scissors (or pinking shears if you want to get fancy) and adhere it to the back of your quilt.

If you need some label ideas, just let me know. I can write up a tutorial on easy labeling methods. You know how we're all getting. It will be nice to know who made you your quilt at an easy glance!

pattis47 10-03-2011 05:54 PM

I would love to have a tute

Originally Posted by Chele

JuanitaBean 10-03-2011 11:43 PM

I would love to have a tutorial on labeling too Thanks

Chele 10-04-2011 03:24 AM

I need a partner for a swapper who came in late. Anyone sitting out that wants to play or does someone want to have two partners?