Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   October to November Table Runner Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/october-november-table-runner-swap-t282683.html)

CarolinePaj 10-02-2016 01:41 PM

October to November Table Runner Swap

Hi Guys,

Welcome to our ongoing Table Runner Swap!

Due to requests this swap will have a shorter turnaround time than usual, so we will be getting runners off in time to be received for Christmas....

You have until the end of November to make a table runner - the theme this time is Winter or Christmas whichever you prefer. If you do not celebrate Christmas please let me know and I will endeavour to match you with a winter runner.

Size of Table Runner

Thetable runner should be a minimum of 12” x 30”.
You can use any technique/ any style.
All fabrics used should be 100% cotton.
The runner must have wadding and be quilted.

There is no deadline so you can sign up at any time during the 2 months as this will be just an intention to participate. When you have made and are ready to mail your runner you can then sign up to the “ready to mail” list which is binding.
But please remember that the only list that counts is the Ready to Mail list at the end September.

Ready to Mail list

An initial Ready to Mail list will be posted around the 26th November 2016.
If you are not on this list you will not get an address to send to unless you contact me and get on the final listing.
MIDNIGHT on the 30th November 2016 – is the deadline to get on the “Ready to Mail” list

I will need:

Real name
Your address
Whether you are willing to send international or not (Please consider this as it enables everybody to take part)
Allergy info
Pet and smoking information
Email address
Whether your runner is Winter or Christmas.

As long as you have a table runner ready to mail by the deadline you can join us any time!

Addresses Sent Out:

I will send out the name and address of the person you should send to on the 1st or 2nd December 2016. You will have 4 days to get your table runner in the mail - NO LONGER. Normally we have 7 days but as we will be up against the Christmas post the sooner we get them sent the better.

You will send your table runner to the quilter who's address you get.
You will receive from a different quilter than the one you send to.

This is not a partner swap.

Please note that there are quilters of all abilities on this board and you should appreciate the table runner you receive as your sender will have worked hard to make it for you.

You are welcome to send some goodies in your package if you would care to, but please don't expect anything other than the table runner.

PLEASE NOTE.... You must let me know when you mail and when you receive. Also, please PM the person that sends to you to say thank you and to let them know that the table runner that they have sent you has arrived - it is only polite to do so!

Hugs

Caroline

jaba 10-03-2016 05:43 AM

I'm in for sure, would love a new runner for Christmas!

Belfrybat 10-03-2016 06:09 AM

Oh, this sounds great. Count me in. I'll send the PM later today. Quick question - I see where we can list what kind of runner we are going to make. Where/ when do we request the kind we want?

jaba 10-03-2016 06:43 AM

You can post it here like I did, just be sure to let Caroline know what you want to trade when you are ready to send.
I want to trade for a Christmas one and I will make a Christmas one :)

sewnclog 10-03-2016 11:55 AM

I too have a question; this says the end of September? Was that a typo?? The next paragraph says November. I'd be interested too.

There is no deadline so you can sign up at any time during the 2 months as this will be just an intention to participate. When you have made and are ready to mail your runner you can then sign up to the “ready to mail” list which is binding.
But please remember that the only list that counts is the Ready to Mail list at the end September

CarolinePaj 10-05-2016 03:41 PM

Hi Sewnclog,

That sure is a typo and should read November.

Hugs

Caroline

Originally Posted by sewnclog (Post 7667802)
I too have a question; this says the end of September? Was that a typo?? The next paragraph says November. I'd be interested too.

But please remember that the only list that counts is the Ready to Mail list at the end September

klaws 10-07-2016 11:28 AM

Caroline, I sent you a PM concerning the October mug rug swap.

ube quilting 10-07-2016 06:37 PM

I'll be playing again. I don't remember signing up I will PM Caroline to let her know.
peace

lawsonmugs 10-09-2016 08:21 AM

Gonna think about this one.

Linny 10-09-2016 09:06 AM

Giving this swap some thought too.....one yummy christmas fabric in my cupboard right now.