Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   OCTOBER Pincushion and Needlecase Swap - signup closes September 30 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/october-pincushion-needlecase-swap-signup-closes-september-30-a-t254235.html)

klaws 09-23-2014 07:28 AM

OCTOBER Pincushion and Needlecase Swap - signup closes September 30

This is a secret swap and you will not necessarily be sending to the person who will send to you. You may sign up for two items: can be either 2 pincushions OR 2 needle cases OR 1 of each. International swappers are welcome to join us, and can send a pincushion "unstuffed" to save on postage. All skill levels welcomed!

THEME: This month the theme with be
Halloween and/or Fall.

CONSTRUCTION:

1. The cushion/case does NOT have to be quilted or hand embroidered, although it can be. But it must be handmade - not purchased.
2. Use cotton or wool felt for the pincushions and stuff with appropriate filling. Use cotton or felt for the needle case, and it should have an insert of wool, felt, or Warm and Natural (this is great for needle cases).
3. Embellishments/appliqué/embroidery are welcome but not required. If you plan on using the cushion/case as a daily use item please mention this, as polyester will dull the points of pins and needles.
4. The size and shape of the pincushion/needle case is up to the individual creating it, but should not be smaller than 3” x 3”.

Sign-ups begin today and end on September 30th at 11:00 pm EST. This is a firm closing time. Names will be assigned by PM beginning no later than the morning of October 2nd. Please respond to this thread with a post if you are joining the swap. Then highlight and copy the information sheet onto a new PM, fill it in and PM it to me. Please put in the subject line of the PM what you want to swap. I will acknowledge receipt of your PM.

MAILING DATE:
The deadline for mailing is Friday Oct. 17th. International swap mail date is Wed. Oct. 15th.
Participants in the September swap who did not fulfill their obligation by the time the October signup closes will not be able to participate in this swap.
You are required to PM me with your tracking number when you ship. You are required to have a tracking number on your package but priority mail is not required. First class with a tracking number is acceptable.
If for some reason you will not be able to fulfill your obligation, please PM me as soon as possible so that I can locate a swap angel.

YOU MUST SEND ME A PM WHEN YOU SHIP AND WHEN YOU RECEIVE. Remember to thank your partner, either by a post, or a PM for a personal thank you. It would be nice if you report a feedback score to your SP. Pictures are encouraged, but not required. We all love seeing what everyone is receiving. If you are unable to post a picture, please make sure that you mark that on your information sheet so that your partner can take a picture before shipping it. Please understand that this board has members with different skill levels and you will not necessarily be swapping with someone at the same level. Let's love the creation we are sent. We all started somewhere and the most important thing to remember, is that your partner made it with you in mind!

EXTRAS:
Please add a card or note with your name and board name so the recipient knows who made it. It is not necessary to send other items such as needles, pins, etc., but you may if you would like. Just make sure the pin points will not poke out during shipping and stab the postal worker. Honest – this has happened – one of the swappers mentioned it.

PARTICIPANT’S INFORMATION FORM:

Screen Name:
Address:
City, State, Zip:
Do you want to send Halloween or Fall?
Do you want to receive Halloween or Fall?
Are you using your pincushion/needlecase for everyday use:

Is it ok to be made/stuffed with polyester:
Favorite Colors:
Favorite fabric line:
Your least favorite color(s):
Least favorite fabric line:
Is there anything you like to collect:
What are your hobbies other than quilting:
Is there anything you do not want to receive:
Do you have Allergies (smoke, cats, dogs etc):
Do you have pets:
Is it ok if your partner smokes:
Do you smoke:
Any additional information:

Do you have a digital camera to post pictures on the thread:
Can you mail international:
E-mail address:
Phone number:

This form will be given to your secret swapper (minus the email address and phone number – this is for me should I need to contact you). Feel free to add more about yourself to the information sheet. The more you add, the better she/he will be able to get to know you. Plus, I will be using this info to match partners. If you have questions, please PM me and I will try to answer as quickly as possible.

REQUIRED: I am required to tell participants to send me a monthly PM to verify that they are still active in this swap and are working on their promised project. I am required to insist that all participants send me verification of shipment, to include tracking information. Participants are required to ensure packages will not arrive “postage due.” Any and all other fees, such as import duties, taxes, etc imposed by the recipient’s government are the sole responsibility of the recipient. Absent legitimate and reported mitigating circumstances, participants who have not fulfilled their obligation to ship shall be deemed “late” and risk receiving Negative [Swap] Feedback. Please keep in touch with me and let me know right away if something happens that will interfere with your ability to complete your project on time. Swappers should treat each other as friends and focus on the fun. So … please be prepared to be flexible, patient and understanding if necessary and appropriate.

SHOULD YOU HAVE PROBLEMS, QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS PLEASE PM ME IMMEDIATELY! Thank you, and enjoy this swap.

Mrs Shak 09-23-2014 07:58 AM

PM sent! I'm so excited, can't you tell? Lol

lynnie 09-23-2014 07:58 AM

sent my pm to you. ready to mail!!!

Mrs Shak 09-23-2014 08:00 AM

You can just give lynnie my address...

klaws 09-23-2014 08:17 AM

Lynnie, I already had you down. You are number "1" on my list! :D

nhnative 09-23-2014 12:48 PM

I'm going to be in too but not sure what I want to make. I'll pm you before the deadline

lynnie 09-23-2014 01:12 PM

Kari, you want my halloweenie pc, you can have him if you want. He's a cutie, But i always think they are cute.
how many do we have now. I'm sure a lot will be signing up now that people are back to school and stuff.

My noisy neighbor just got home! Boom Boom BOOM!!!

ctyankee 09-23-2014 02:08 PM

Count me in. I've already made my Halloween p/c & n/c, so all I need now are names!

lynnie 09-23-2014 05:49 PM

Grat, I bet we'll have a bunch this month. Hi ctyankee, can't wait to see what you made.
Halloween is such a fun time of year!
Then comes turkey day, then Christmas, Oh what fun!

klaws 09-23-2014 06:03 PM

We already have 7 people signed up (not including me). That's great! I hope we get a lot more.