Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Ornament Swap 2017 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/ornament-swap-2017-a-t290524.html)

LindaC 10-11-2017 01:31 AM

So sorry to hear about your loss.

I think I sent my information to you twice as my name is down twice (I forgot that I had sent my details in August)
Thanks

LindaC

Anoka Quilter 10-11-2017 06:42 AM

Thanks for the heads up Linda. I will remove the duplication of your name.

So is everyone getting excited. I have several ideas of what I want to make, just need my partners name to choose what will be the best fit for her.

Has anyone ever seen an ad post on FB from the Ornament Girl. It is a monthly ornament club. The October ornament was a witch hat, which looked really cute in the picture so I just had to order it and I got my kit yesterday. I cannot wait to make it up. Once I do I will be sure to take some pictures and post here on the group.

Also, just like last year we will have some fun contests to keep up engaged, and I have some great prizes lined up for everyone. The first contest will begin on October 23rd.

trish b 10-11-2017 12:09 PM

Sorry for your loss Anoka.

I'm up for a contest or two. This is my second year, really looking forward to all the fun.

RedGarnet222 10-12-2017 09:39 AM

Here is the funny thing about making ornaments. They are like potato chips you can't just stop at one, or two, even three! LOL ... I was playing with one yesterday that came out really cute. A snowflake embroidered one. I need to get hubby's lap quilt finished and I am playing with ornaments. Gee ... What a blonde.

NZquilter 10-13-2017 11:02 AM

That's how I was last year too, Red. This year for some reason I just can't get the holiday mojo going. I guess it's because I'm trying to finish up some quilts and am enjoying my new quilting machine too much!

RedGarnet222 10-14-2017 07:46 AM

Yes, but what a great reason NZ quilter! I think I am a little green with envy over the long arm. ( Is it a long arm?) LOL! I have a little grace II frame set up that I use my bernina on. But, it certainly isn't the same. Most projects I just use my sit down method with the bernina.

NZquilter 10-14-2017 08:38 AM

In my dreams only a LA:) No, it's a vintage Singer, but the throat space is SO much larger than the modern machines for three times the price! I have always only had sewing machines that cost under $250, so this is awesome for me. I know vintage machines aren't everyone's cup of tea, but I'm in love with it!

nattoddboyd 10-15-2017 04:21 AM

Ornament swap

I'm really looking forward to the ornament swap

RedGarnet222 10-15-2017 08:58 AM

I have a vintage singer 99 that was my mother's machine. It was made in portsmouth in 1945. There is every kind of foot imaginable that goes with it. I don't use it now. My brother dropped it and broke the case bottom , so until he brings the case back fixed, it is just sitting there. Sad little machine.

This is the last day for sign ups! Wow, I didn't realize the time was flying by so fast.

m-fay 10-16-2017 01:06 AM

NAMES SHOULD BE OUT SOON....I lOVE THIS TIME OF YEAR