Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Ornament Swap 2018 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/ornament-swap-2018-a-t299506.html)

m-fay 10-25-2018 03:39 PM

Betty i love your stocking and hope you have a painfree weekend and enjoy your retreat. Boop your a tease!!!! love your betty Boop

trish b 10-25-2018 06:16 PM

Hey girls, from what I read Mailing is to start November 1st. Did the date get changed? I have been working on some ornaments, similar to the folded fabrics on the styrafoam balls, and got distracted by a costume. I really like all the ornaments posted. Now back to ornaments again.

Boop56 10-25-2018 06:49 PM

I sat down with my grandson today and we ooohhed and aaahhed over all the ornaments. I am getting excited to see what I get.😍😍😍😍😍

RJLinkletter 10-25-2018 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by trish b (Post 8149724)
Hey girls, from what I read Mailing is to start November 1st. Did the date get changed? I have been working on some ornaments, similar to the folded fabrics on the styrafoam balls, and got distracted by a costume. I really like all the ornaments posted. Now back to ornaments again.

you are right it says Nov 1st onwards but for international we have to post asap really. Using the same service I’ve had UK-US take 7 days but also 24 days! I wanted to make sure my partner had it in time. I figured if it arrives early they can just put it away :)

Betty J 10-26-2018 03:48 AM

I posted early as I have a Quilt retreat, doctors appointments and pending surgery.

Anoka Quilter 10-26-2018 05:58 AM

I did not state a begin to mail date. However, you are not late unless you miss the deadline. Honestly I would prefer someone to mail early vs mailing late. I hate having to contact people who have not mailed by the deadline date. Remember there is a very special prize for one lucky person who's name will be drawn from everyone who has mailed on time.

Once again those deadlines are:
International November 9, 2018
US November 16, 2018

I haven't mailed mine yet either. In fact I still don't know for sure what I will make. But I plan on getting that all figured out this weekend and hopefully get my ornament done.

Our first contest will be posted on Sunday October 28th so be sure to visit our little group to join in on the fun.

Originally Posted by trish b (Post 8149724)

CookyIN 10-26-2018 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by Anoka Quilter (Post 8149890)
Our first contest will be posted on Sunday October 28th so be sure to visit our little group to join in on the fun.

You always make this swap so much fun!

Monale 10-27-2018 05:22 AM

Just had another crazy week and not even time to come to the board - and when I finally did today, I see all these lovely ornaments! Wow! I've done one, but when I got my partner's name, I realised that maybe that's not her style, so I am planning on doing some more...

NZquilter 10-27-2018 09:29 AM

I have started my ornaments, but after seeing such amazing ones here, I am hoping mine isn't a disappointment.

trish b 10-27-2018 11:45 AM

NZquilter .It is not how fancy that matters, It is the love and care and the good wishes we send along that makes these ornaments special.