Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Owl blocks with a Twist (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/owl-blocks-twist-t212330.html)

owlvamp 02-22-2013 04:32 AM

Short and Sweet how many sets are you doing?

How's it going everyone?

lovngrandma 02-22-2013 06:26 AM

owl blocks

3 Attachment(s)
ok all , here is a picture of both my sets of owls and they are ready to fuse then will sew, let me know waht u think, i love teh siliwettes ones, so so cool, glad i will get one, and the pot holder one also, awesome,

owlvamp 02-22-2013 12:39 PM

Very cute owls blocks lovngrandma .Keep the blocks coming!!

Look at all that snow. Go make snowman. I don't miss those days.

Annaquilts 02-22-2013 01:08 PM

I would love prison owl with his black and white stripes. Are you planning to add pupils? The snow picture cracked me up. Enjoy watching the kids play in the snow in that recliner? Brrrrrrr......Hahahahaha I bet the kids have a lot of fun playing outside.

Annaquilts 02-22-2013 01:43 PM

I have my sets done but looking at lovngrandma's owls I was thinking wouldn't some Aloha style owls be cute?

lovngrandma 02-22-2013 07:06 PM

ok, first that is the dogs chair, nad im not sure i want to sit in the snow packed chair lol, and my husband is saying OH NO we have mroe coming 5=8 more and this will not have melted,
then yes all owls will have pupils, one one of each sdet will have glasses just cause i think they are cute, i had not thought of prison lolhaha , i
I will however sit in my recliner INSIDE and watch the sno fall, and lots mroe to come, thank you for all your comments, i cand to the twist as i dont have any fabric that has owls onit,

owlvamp 02-22-2013 07:13 PM

I wouldn't want to sit in it either with all that snow and more to come... I'm with you I will sit inside and watch it fall plus at least I can cuddle under a quilt or two.

Annaquilts 02-22-2013 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by lovngrandma (Post 5881400)
i cand to the twist as i dont have any fabric that has owls onit,

I found one fabric and will be hunting for more. To be in the twist you do not need more thern a FQ or 1/4 yard cut. Just think of all the cute squares you'll get bacvk and the great variety. But I understand. You sure the dog would sit in that snow covered chair? I think the dog says you can have your chair back. Too funny. I just thought it was hilarious how it is standing in the middle of the snow. Eye glasses sound really cute. I still hope I get Mr. Prison out break owl. :D

lovngrandma 02-22-2013 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by Annaquilts (Post 5881565)
I found one fabric and will be hunting for more. To be in the twist you do not need more thern a FQ or 1/4 yard cut. Just think of all the cute squares you'll get bacvk and the great variety. But I understand. You sure the dog would sit in that snow covered chair? I think the dog says you can have your chair back. Too funny. I just thought it was hilarious how it is standing in the middle of the snow. Eye glasses sound really cute. I still hope I get Mr. Prison out break owl. :D

well i will see if i can fidn some from a LQS who i cound that will mail me a fat for cheap, i will also look online, to see if i can find any, and if u happen to not get the prison one ill make u one , ok, hows that, i also love those silowette ones arent u the one who did those, well im off to look for some, and oh nope the dog can have the chair and the cats, i dont want it , no more, hehe lol

owlvamp 02-22-2013 11:23 PM

I have my 3 for the twist. Mine are 4 inches though. I must of cut them for something else i was going to do and guess i didn't use them so now i will .Do you all want me to cut it down to the 3 1/2 inch block or leave and you,have a little extra to deal with? Let me know okay and will fix them if I need to.

I believe the cats and dogs are knocking on your door to come inside. They say its to chilly out there. I would be freezing. I would be an icicle and you,would have to thaw me. Burr it's cold out there.:)