Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Quilting Board's First Scrap Club (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/quilting-boards-first-scrap-club-t207686.html)

rwquilts 01-13-2013 07:18 AM

Judy, your scrap quilts are beautiful! I especially love the first one you designed...such creativity!

Elisabrat 01-13-2013 08:35 AM

Lynnie if she is a neat freak she will get a kick out of doing this. If you can afford say $40 for the day do that if you cant you say I wish I could give you more but $20 is all I have. its tax free bucks she gets to do what she likes and helps you in the process. If you cant afford the money offer to make dinner for her as a thank you. A pot of soup and a loaf of bread is a nice gift also. My girl who helps me cleans for $40 but when I cant afford that we do food trades.she is good with that. or borrows the truck in exchange for.. and when I can I lend her what she is needing say pay a few days before the work.. I am on ssi also and there is not much cash in that so I get it. you can offer say to make her placemats or.. if she doesnt sew. if she sews let her have a choice of some fabric (you had better pick it out or you lose your favorites for sure).. bake her something. a cake as a thank you. get creative. we already know you are :)

off to work on some scrappies as well best way I can think of to get rid of them. My vote on quilt along we all do say one block a week purely scraps NOT pulled these four yards going to make a quilt.. creative scraps even if they are color toned but scraps and show our work with each other. I also vote on sampler type blocks as well no uniformity there :) and sorry Rhonda but blocks without templates. I can not print templates so maybe others can not either this way we all can play. just a thought... (like out of a zillion scrappy members that would count lol)

Rhonda 01-13-2013 09:04 AM

They're all terrific but the blue one is my favorite!! It is wonderful!

klgreene 01-13-2013 12:00 PM

I can't believe it, this thread stopped coming to me a couple weeks ago. I was wondering where everyone was, just figured busy busy busy, so I added the thread again. But I had to go back and look at everything since Christmas to see what I missed. Lots of pretty quilts posted.

Rhonda 01-13-2013 12:28 PM

Some quilt ideas to consider for scrappy quilting!!

http://blog.maryquilts.com/

here is a quilt on her blog that I thought someone might like to make.
the tumbler pattern is a fun one to make in a scrappy look.

http://stitchintherapy.blogspot.com/p/scrap-quilts.html

Rhonda 01-13-2013 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat (Post 5783090)
Lynnie if she is a neat freak she will get a kick out of doing this. If you can afford say $40 for the day do that if you cant you say I wish I could give you more but $20 is all I have. its tax free bucks she gets to do what she likes and helps you in the process. If you cant afford the money offer to make dinner for her as a thank you. A pot of soup and a loaf of bread is a nice gift also. My girl who helps me cleans for $40 but when I cant afford that we do food trades.she is good with that. or borrows the truck in exchange for.. and when I can I lend her what she is needing say pay a few days before the work.. I am on ssi also and there is not much cash in that so I get it. you can offer say to make her placemats or.. if she doesnt sew. if she sews let her have a choice of some fabric (you had better pick it out or you lose your favorites for sure).. bake her something. a cake as a thank you. get creative. we already know you are :)

off to work on some scrappies as well best way I can think of to get rid of them. My vote on quilt along we all do say one block a week purely scraps NOT pulled these four yards going to make a quilt.. creative scraps even if they are color toned but scraps and show our work with each other. I also vote on sampler type blocks as well no uniformity there :) and sorry Rhonda but blocks without templates. I can not print templates so maybe others can not either this way we all can play. just a thought... (like out of a zillion scrappy members that would count lol)

I send out templates for free. Just need an address. No fees no postage needed

bveinotte 01-13-2013 01:14 PM

I think a quilt a long would be fun as long as I could use fabric i already have and don't need to buy any.

Foxflower 01-13-2013 05:34 PM

OH, Rhonda, I was wondering about the template and were I was going to get a description or something to trace. I can make my own from plastic if that works and I have something to trace....like the books and magazines do. Otherwise, I'll PM you my email (address?).

lynnie 01-13-2013 05:56 PM

Elizabrat thanks for the sage advice.

I cant get prints, i have this tablet and can't pick up email either.
The tumbler is a great idea. I did a charm 24 yrs ago, 1144 dif pcs.
It was a windmill charm. Killed myself getting all those pc. Turned out 144" x 156" with the prairie points.
All hand quilrlted. Was i nuts or something????!!!???

Rhonda 01-13-2013 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by Foxflower (Post 5784328)
OH, Rhonda, I was wondering about the template and were I was going to get a description or something to trace. I can make my own from plastic if that works and I have something to trace....like the books and magazines do. Otherwise, I'll PM you my email (address?).

the best way is to use my acrylic templates with a rotary cutter. it is more accurate. so unless you have someone to cut acrylic I can send you my templates. I also add a plastic grid to it for the lines. Just pm me your postal address. I ordered more cut today so it will be about a week before I can mail it to you. Make sure you remind me it is for the quilt along. I'll send out the 3 1/2" for this one and the 2 1/2" as I will be posting some that use that size template also