Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Repeat a Boom NEw New New - Signups Closed (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/repeat-boom-new-new-new-signups-closed-t235543.html)

urgodschild2 01-23-2014 03:52 PM

I. Added jaba and she didn't know that she was in. My embarrassing fault. But if she does want to join us then their will be 13. If not, then we will have 12

Bee Beatty 01-23-2014 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by Bee Beatty (Post 6528929)
Thanks ! I realized I do not have everyone's name, so I will send mine without the recipients name. I have no problem choosing a same block pattern to send everyone. Sounds like a plan. Off to look for a favorite block!
Everyone stay warm tonight!

I have been looking at block patterns on Quilters Cache. The one I am drawn to is "Steps To The Alter". Any thoughts from the group? I only started quilting a couple of years ago and had some great teachers and friends who allowed me to work at my own pace. They were my inspiration and still are! I also really enjoy this group. I am learning so much more and finding new resources. If no one finds this block a stretch or if you do and want to go for it-just know I will love it more if it isn't perfect.

Bee Beatty 01-23-2014 05:09 PM

Jaba! Hope you are with us. This swap is going to make a beautiful Quilt for everyone.

jaba 01-23-2014 08:31 PM

Thank you Bee but I think I had better wait and see. Some have already sent their fabric in and I don't want anyone to have to mail a separate one for me. If they have just sent in 11, I will wait for the next swap to come around. I have plenty to do and really didn't think I was on the list anyway. I will check in and see how all of you are doing and look at all the pics posted. For the ones that have mailed already if you would post how many you sent in, then I can know whether to cut fabric or not.

paperpieceme 01-24-2014 05:26 AM

You forgot me! (jumps up and down from the corner) I was #11. Dont forget me! I was already to go!

jaba 01-24-2014 08:11 AM

Guess we all better wait and see before mailing anything.

givio 01-24-2014 09:21 AM

I didn't cut or send fabric yet. I wanted to make a test block, and the pattern I chose was a 10" block and I knew we were going to do 12" blocks! I must not have been paying attention when I chose it. I sewed a border around it to make it the 12", but I'm not sure I like it that way. So, I'm going to choose something different... I plan to mail next week.

Bee Beatty 01-24-2014 11:28 AM

I think this is going to be a fun and spirited group! It's good that we have a fearless leader! I will mail next Thursday. That will give God's Child a chance to settle back in.

pbadder 01-24-2014 12:35 PM

I don't plan on mailing out mine till the 31st,. I am not using baggies either using white envelopes. Okay list you sent does not have givio listed, but does have jaba. with jaba and givio it would be thirteen (13). Please try to send an updated amount of participates. I have cut 12 FQ's to send. I need to know if I need to cut anymore before I send out package. Thanks

urgodschild2 01-24-2014 03:54 PM

Paperpieceme is also on the list. My error and I am blaming my errors on being in Australia where everything is backwards and it is so confusing.