Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Repeat a Boom NEw New New - Signups Closed (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/repeat-boom-new-new-new-signups-closed-t235543.html)

Nelco 02-18-2014 12:39 PM

got my package today. Yea. I agree with bee beatty on the spread Thank you for all your hard work on this swap.

moonrise 02-18-2014 04:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Received my package today. Yay! I'll try to start on them tonight or tomorrow night. Looks like fun! :)

I have one question. I was going through the F8s and noticed that I have two F8s that say they're from GroovyPieces (see photo). However, I think the navy blue marble-y one (Aunt Eliza's Star) actually belongs to Nelco, according to the chart. Can someone verify? I don't have an F8 that specifically says it's from Nelco, so I'm thinking it may have been mis-labeled. Thanks. :)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]463175[/ATTACH]

paperpieceme 02-18-2014 04:18 PM

i have two from LJDugas, and one is that blue. which i matched up with Nelco. so excited I have all the blocks printed out and i am ready to roll

givio 02-18-2014 05:46 PM

Moonrise, I believe you figured that out correctly. I got my package today! Not quite sure about all the instructions, so I'll probably be asking questions... Some really lovely fabrics! Prints I haven't seen before. So nice.

Nelco 02-18-2014 10:51 PM

I see what I did. I put your names on the fab and not mine. I am the one with the blue with white vanes. Sorry for the confusion :(

Nelco 02-18-2014 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by moonrise (Post 6583044)
Received my package today. Yay! I'll try to start on them tonight or tomorrow night. Looks like fun! :)

I have one question. I was going through the F8s and noticed that I have two F8s that say they're from GroovyPieces (see photo). However, I think the navy blue marble-y one (Aunt Eliza's Star) actually belongs to Nelco, according to the chart. Can someone verify? I don't have an F8 that specifically says it's from Nelco, so I'm thinking it may have been mis-labeled. Thanks. :)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]463175[/ATTACH]

The blue is mine. Sorry for the confusion :(

moonrise 02-18-2014 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by Nelco (Post 6583506)
The blue is mine. Sorry for the confusion :(

No problem at all! :) I just wanted to make sure you got the correct block back. :)

moonrise 02-19-2014 02:06 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Got a few blocks made ... then ran into a snag.

I really really really stink when it comes to inset seams. After 2 hours of sewing, unsewing, and resewing, GroovyPieces' block still turned out pretty lousy. :( It somehow came out too large, and when I squared it up, I lost the corners on the diamond shape. Here's a photo showing how it came out. If you want me to try again, I'll be glad to pay for the extra piece of fabric and the postage. Sorry about that. I feel like crawling under my sewing table! :o I'll make some practice blocks in the meantime so hopefully I can get it right. ;)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]463282[/ATTACH]

I finished a couple of other blocks as well, and will get photos ASAP. (Are we supposed to post photos?) I particularly had fun making the flower basket block for Givio. :)

Groovy Pieces 02-19-2014 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by moonrise (Post 6583564)
Got a few blocks made ... then ran into a snag.

I really really really stink when it comes to inset seams. After 2 hours of sewing, unsewing, and resewing, GroovyPieces' block still turned out pretty lousy. :( It somehow came out too large, and when I squared it up, I lost the corners on the diamond shape. Here's a photo showing how it came out. If you want me to try again, I'll be glad to pay for the extra piece of fabric and the postage. Sorry about that. I feel like crawling under my sewing table! :o I'll make some practice blocks in the meantime so hopefully I can get it right. ;)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]463282[/ATTACH]

I finished a couple of other blocks as well, and will get photos ASAP. (Are we supposed to post photos?) I particularly had fun making the flower basket block for Givio. :)

Morning All . . . It's me, Groovy Pieces . . . And just let me say, I was not ignoring any of you - I work nights, so when the post were submitted to the thread - between 8:09PM (2/18/2014) through 6:06AM(2/19/14) - I was preparing for work, on the way to work, &/or working during the posting. It isn't until NOW (when I get home & relax a bit), I fire up the laptop & catch-up on the 'Board'.

MOONRISE . . . my friend. . . .the block looks fine; don't worry about the points - NO QUILT POLICE IN THIS SEWING ROOM ! ! ! ! I chose the block because of it's name & b/c I liked the sight of it, & honestly didn't scrutinize the instructions; it was ranked 2 dots on quilter's cache, so I thought it was kinda' easy.

TO EVERYONE: I've read the directions & if you don't like set-in seams or feel that you really don't want to be bothered - use some stitch witchery or steam-a-seam, or whatever makes you feel good to get that seam to lay down & act right. In fact, if I read it correctly, those pesky seams can be folded under and use some steam-a-seam to glue'm down & top stitch. AND, if this block is really not your gig, any block you chose will work fine. As I stated in my packet, half of you have the main fabric and the other has the companion piece. . . so, if you choose not to make the Friday the 13th block, choose a block that feels good to you. This quilt is gonna be snazzy because of all your talents.

My Sewing Room is my Inner-Sanctum, ergo, this is a 'NO STRESS ZONE'

Rock on ladies . . . GP
:D

p.s: I received my packet on 2/18 (Tuesday - sleep during the postal runs); will go through them after a nap).

Bee Beatty 02-19-2014 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by Groovy Pieces (Post 6583951)

Morning All . . . It's me, Groovy Pieces . . . And just let me say, I was not ignoring any of you - I work nights, so when the post were submitted to the thread - between 8:09PM (2/18/2014) through 6:06AM(2/19/14) - I was preparing for work, on the way to work, &/or working during the posting. It isn't until NOW (when I get home & relax a bit), I fire up the laptop & catch-up on the 'Board'.

MOONRISE . . . my friend. . . .the block looks fine; don't worry about the points - NO QUILT POLICE IN THIS SEWING ROOM ! ! ! ! I chose the block because of it's name & b/c I liked the sight of it, & honestly didn't scrutinize the instructions; it was ranked 2 dots on quilter's cache, so I thought it was kinda' easy.

TO EVERYONE: I've read the directions & if you don't like set-in seams or feel that you really don't want to be bothered - use some stitch witchery or steam-a-seam, or whatever makes you feel good to get that seam to lay down & act right. In fact, if I read it correctly, those pesky seams can be folded under and use some steam-a-seam to glue'm down & top stitch. AND, if this block is really not your gig, any block you chose will work fine. As I stated in my packet, half of you have the main fabric and the other has the companion piece. . . so, if you choose not to make the Friday the 13th block, choose a block that feels good to you. This quilt is gonna be snazzy because of all your talents.

My Sewing Room is my Inner-Sanctum, ergo, this is a 'NO STRESS ZONE'

Rock on ladies . . . GP
:D

p.s: I received my packet on 2/18 (Tuesday - sleep during the postal runs); will go through them after a nap).

Good deal! Like your thinking...Bee