Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Repeat a Boom NEw New New - Signups Closed (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/repeat-boom-new-new-new-signups-closed-t235543.html)

pbadder 03-13-2014 07:52 AM

Love Miss Hannah's bed and new quilt. She looks really content with her bed

urgodschild2 03-14-2014 09:23 AM

I won that bed at a Felline event for feral cats. It really is a dog bed and the mattress cover is done in a dog print. so I am making the quilt in cats so Hannah is not offended. LOL. The people who make them sell them for about $100 bucks so I was happy to win it. Yep that is me in the picture.

urgodschild2 03-14-2014 09:29 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Oh yeah...the quilt is applique. I went to a workshop where we had a guest showing us how to do this. She used wonder under and it is suppose to be a wall hanging. Well I wanted it for the bed so I had to sew down all the applique. I didn't like the wonder under anyways because the appliques kept popping up...didn't stick to well. But anyways...they machine appliqueing is done and I am now putting eyes, whiskers, etc by hand on it. I do have to make it a little bit bigger so I will put a border on it. I will show a picture when I get it done.
Wanted to show you what I am doing with my squares that I am getting back.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]467151[/ATTACH]

urgodschild2 03-14-2014 09:31 AM

Whoops I just saw an error in that block on the right. OMG. Guess I will have to figure out how to correct that. No worries LJDugas, I can fix this. It was just put in upside down. LOL Where would we all be if mistakes didn't happen. I for one make oodles of them.

givio 03-14-2014 09:57 AM

urgodschild2, What a wonderful idea-- to embroider on your blocks! It's very unique. You must like tea? I ought to drink tea, but usually it's diet pepsi or coffee... That mistake was funny! It looks like a plan for if you need more room for a cup handle!

Bee Beatty 03-14-2014 11:31 AM

Block for Gaijin

1 Attachment(s)
This block is for Gaijin,

I took your suggestion of using 4 colors with your fabric in the center. Angle of the camera distorted the photo somewhat. I really like it and finally learned how to line up diamond blocks within a block! Hope you like it.

Bee Beatty 03-14-2014 11:36 AM

Givio - Love Your Avatar

Originally Posted by givio (Post 6626223)
urgodschild2, What a wonderful idea-- to embroider on your blocks! It's very unique. You must like tea? I ought to drink tea, but usually it's diet pepsi or coffee... That mistake was funny! It looks like a plan for if you need more room for a cup handle!

I had already decided to make a Jacob's Ladder Quilt from my swap experience and now I have a final idea of what fabric palette I will use. I want it to be "scrappy" ....but with the same background color. I love the block in your avatar....perfect contrast!

Your block is my last block to made for this Boom....off to the sewing room to get started.

Bee

paperpieceme 03-15-2014 12:14 PM

my blocks are zooming their way to California

Nelco 03-15-2014 01:25 PM

What a wonderful day --- In celebrating National Quilt Day I went to a LQS out of town and bought the rest of the fabric I needed to get all you blocks done

Nelco 03-15-2014 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by urgodschild2 (Post 6626189)
Oh yeah...the quilt is applique. I went to a workshop where we had a guest showing us how to do this. She used wonder under and it is suppose to be a wall hanging. Well I wanted it for the bed so I had to sew down all the applique. I didn't like the wonder under anyways because the appliques kept popping up...didn't stick to well. But anyways...they machine appliqueing is done and I am now putting eyes, whiskers, etc by hand on it. I do have to make it a little bit bigger so I will put a border on it. I will show a picture when I get it done.
Wanted to show you what I am doing with my squares that I am getting back.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]467151[/ATTACH]

Those blocks are going to be awesome.