Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Repeat a Boom NEw New New - Signups Closed (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/repeat-boom-new-new-new-signups-closed-t235543.html)

Nelco 03-23-2014 06:30 PM

what about wrapping the block in plastic wrap and squeeze all the air out. That would emanate the bulkiness of baggies, then put them all in a gal. baggie

Bee Beatty 03-23-2014 07:06 PM

I love these QB swaps and meeting all of yo u. I will re-package each block to make room. I have no problem with following the rules. I appreciate having the offer for participation and I have learned so much! The least I can do is follow the rules. Thank you Nelco and UrGodsChild for the helpful suggestions. Will have everything mailed by Tuesday!

Gaijin 03-23-2014 09:06 PM

Hello all!

I mailed my blocks today! This swap was so much fun, even with my impromptu trip to tend my injured dad!

Thank you to each and every one of you!

Deborah

Gaijin 03-23-2014 09:09 PM

Bee Beatty,

What about using the flat-rate padded envelope? It holds a lot and it costs $5.95 to mail anywhere.

Deborah

buslady 03-24-2014 06:13 AM

The flat rate padded envelope stuff nicely! Make sure you squeeze out all the air you can get out. LOL I have packaged up quite a bit of stuff the last couple of years. My family laughs at me. For larger packages, I use a nice heavy trash bag, bunch up the top around my vaccume hose and suck out all the air. Tie it real tight with a wire thingy. It is amazing how small it gets! Did this with a king size quilt, packed it into a box, taped it up good, and waited for the call when they opened that box and a quilt exploded out of it!! I have heard of using a straw to get all the air out of a baggie.

Nelco 03-24-2014 09:23 AM

When I am packing food for the freezer in baggies I use straw to get all the air out.

Also 3 more blocks and I am done.

givio 03-24-2014 10:35 AM

buslady! You use your vacuum! Wow! The mental picture of you doing that with a quilt is very funny! lol I can understand your family getting a chuckle. :-)

buslady 03-24-2014 11:04 AM

Made 8 grands and 2 extras stuffed neck pets (wrap around neck in car) and put them all in a big garbage bag and sucked the air out. Saved a lot of room in the car for the trip. When I took them out they bounced right back to shape!! Did the same with all sons blankets and pillows when they moved. Prolly saved a whole trip with the car! LOL Dang vaccuume has to be good for something. LOL

urgodschild2 03-24-2014 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by buslady (Post 6642555)
Made 8 grands and 2 extras stuffed neck pets (wrap around neck in car) and put them all in a big garbage bag and sucked the air out. Saved a lot of room in the car for the trip. When I took them out they bounced right back to shape!! Did the same with all sons blankets and pillows when they moved. Prolly saved a whole trip with the car! LOL Dang vaccuume has to be good for something. LOL

Yeah seeing that it doesn't get much exercise in cleaning the floor........LOL too busy sewing to stop and clean.

urgodschild2 03-24-2014 12:54 PM

I am curious about the straw thing. Are you sucking the air out of the baggie???????
I just can't wrap my mind about that image.

Barb