Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Repeat a Boom NEw New New - Signups Closed (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/repeat-boom-new-new-new-signups-closed-t235543.html)

paperpieceme 12-27-2013 12:44 PM

oh you give me too much credit, i like paper piecing, it doesn't mean i am good at it :) . I know the pattern that i want to send, i just have to find instructions for it. its pretty easy. no paper piecing l ;)

buslady 12-27-2013 03:56 PM

MERRY CHRISTMAS!! I am looking forward to this boom.

givio 12-27-2013 07:35 PM

Buslady, I'm in Michigan too! :-)

buslady 12-28-2013 04:25 AM

I'm in Sanilac County, where are you? If you don't mind.

urgodschild2 12-28-2013 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by paperpieceme (Post 6476934)
oh you give me too much credit, i like paper piecing, it doesn't mean i am good at it :) . I know the pattern that i want to send, i just have to find instructions for it. its pretty easy. no paper piecing l ;)

Good to know. I am learning how to do paper piecing and so this year I am joining the Carol Doak's 50 Fabulous star group. We will see if I make it past the first star. LOL.

givio 12-28-2013 06:07 PM

Buslady, I'm in Ingham county, near the capitol. Have to you been to Country Stitches? It's a nice quilt shop.

paperpieceme 12-30-2013 06:47 PM

hey michiganders, I am just across the lake. sending some cold weather your way tomorrow. it was 0 degrees when i stopped off at the quilt shoppe today, beautiful sunny day for a drive though.

urgodschild2, i am doing that block a week with the 50 paper pieced stars too, we are supposed to post one next week, so i need to get myself in gear.

when i was at the shop today, i found some fabric i liked better not quite so wild, but really neat. i am going to cut tomorrow while the kids are still at grandmas.

looking forward to this swap, its my only swap right now, trying to keep it simple. i set the goal to finish up my UFOs this year. uff da, theres a lot of them.

givio 01-02-2014 10:14 PM

Paperpieceme, I haven't counted my UFOs... but I found out that when I join a swap I tend to get more sewing done than not. It seems that making a commitment to someone else works better for my sewing projects than trying to finish them alone. I become more enthused about sewing when I'm making something for someone else, and that enthusiasm spills over to some of my own projects.

I got the fabric I ordered online for this swap in the mail. :-) I plan to make a test block later this month.
Trisha

marcialee 01-03-2014 03:08 AM

have you filled your 12th spot????

paperpieceme 01-03-2014 06:40 AM

givio-
i made a list of my UFOs while I was cleaning my room,if you count fabric that i have in my mind for a certain project its craziness, but dh told me i should only count the ones where i have cut something. that narrows it down to 11. I have a wandering heart when it comes to quilting, I finish a top and move on to the next one.

i sew quite a bit because i sleep in my sewing room, poor dh snores so bad, when he started kicking in his sleep, i took over his office. i just dont finish a lot of quilts, but i can whip out a fancy pencil case in about an hour.