Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Rhonda's 5th Wall Hanging Swap - Nov 1 - Feb 28 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/rhondas-5th-wall-hanging-swap-nov-1-feb-28-a-t233806.html)

createfourpaws 11-08-2013 08:24 AM

I am in........life has settled down and I can work on this one. I will send a PM.

skaduzy 11-08-2013 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by JNCT14 (Post 6393544)
So hopefully Rhonda will add me to the playlist. In the meantime I have a question - I can make a traditional wall hanging but I also like multi purpose projects. I was wondering if this idea would be better liked: I would make 4 round placemats that can be hung on a carrier strip so that the total piece can be used as a wall hanging, or a couple of the round pieces can be removed and used as table toppers and the other 2 remain as the wall hanging or all 4 can be removed and used as the placemats.
Should I stick to the traditional or try this idea? Remember that one of you is going to get it! :)

Go for it! It sounds pretty neat to me.

Rhonda 11-08-2013 09:39 AM

Remember you can sign up anytime up until midnight on Feb 28. You must have a wall hanging ready to mail by then.
If this is your first time joining us I need your postal address and would like an email for a backup contact #(optional)

Welcome to those who have played before and a welcome to our new players!! Hope you all have fun!
Make sure you post some pics along the way. Would love to see your fabrics or your ideas you are thinking of using!!

If I miss adding anyone just remind me and I will get you on the list.
The important list will be the ready to mail list. So when you are ready to mail make sure you let me know. Only those people will get an address to mail to.

1. Aurora
2. jaba
3. Likethedog
4. Bilben
5. skaduzy
6. quiltymom
7. emc1118
8. javin22
9. Tfch8184
10.Ms Grace
11.Ube quilting
12.Quiltjoey
13.Everose
14.createfourpaws
15.Elisabrat
16.JNCT14 (got it right this time LOL)

cjr 11-08-2013 09:43 AM

I love Spring. I'd love to do another.

Rhonda 11-08-2013 09:50 AM

Remember you can sign up anytime up until midnight on Feb 28. You must have a wall hanging ready to mail by then.
If this is your first time joining us I need your postal address and would like an email for a backup contact #(optional)

Welcome to those who have played before and a welcome to our new players!! Hope you all have fun!
Make sure you post some pics along the way. Would love to see your fabrics or your ideas you are thinking of using!!

If I miss adding anyone just remind me and I will get you on the list.
The important list will be the ready to mail list. So when you are ready to mail make sure you let me know. Only those people will get an address to mail to.

1. Aurora
2. jaba
3. Likethedog
4. Bilben
5. skaduzy
6. quiltymom
7. emc1118
8. javin22
9. Tfch8184
10.Ms Grace
11.Ube quilting
12.Quiltjoey
13.Everose
14.createfourpaws
15.Elisabrat
16.JNCT14 (got it right this time LOL)
17.cjr

ube quilting 11-08-2013 02:38 PM

@ JNCT14, not being a rule maker or follower, I think your idea is neat, just like your rooster message board. I think it fits the simple criteria for a wall hanging. This is all about being creative so if R approves, go for it!
peace

Rhonda 11-08-2013 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by JNCT14 (Post 6393544)
So hopefully Rhonda will add me to the playlist. In the meantime I have a question - I can make a traditional wall hanging but I also like multi purpose projects. I was wondering if this idea would be better liked: I would make 4 round placemats that can be hung on a carrier strip so that the total piece can be used as a wall hanging, or a couple of the round pieces can be removed and used as table toppers and the other 2 remain as the wall hanging or all 4 can be removed and used as the placemats.

Should I stick to the traditional or try this idea? Remember that one of you is going to get it! :)

I say go for it! As long as it's quilt related and fits the size anything goes!

JNCT14 11-09-2013 04:08 AM

I am going to try it and see if I like the results.....it may never see the light of day though....

Elisabrat 11-10-2013 08:10 AM

what about a wall quilt that holds a calendar? everyone uses those! I am making .. something.. colorful for sure and high likelihood a cow.. just saw a pig today that is pretty adorable too.. so hard to chose. .. I know it will be brighter than the last one (sorry like the dog) and applique will come into play.. I like to applique wall quilts because they aren't as delicate as a quilt with all the washing requirements. Question here however is what size do you prefer to get? how big is too big for you? I like under 24" myself that is pretty big I think and will fit better on my walls.

ube quilting 11-10-2013 04:36 PM

@ Elisabrat: As far as size goes, I will not turn anything away. I have even hung 2" square mini quilts on my walls right up to full size bed quilts. I don't have a lot of wall space in my house. Windows and corner closets everywhere. I do have a few special places that I change out quilts. I hang them them on doors, under windows and on the refrigerator. Any place there is an open spot is just waiting for some art.

The calendar idea is another good one to try. I think it qualifies, imho.
peace