Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Rhonda's Quilt Swap for September!!- Sign up is closed! --Partners Assigned!!!-- (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/rhondas-quilt-swap-september-sign-up-closed-partners-assigned-t147660.html)

bloomin'Iris 10-12-2011 03:56 AM

Originally Posted by BonniFeltz
Look what I got from Bloomin'Iris...I love her flying geese. Aren't they great!

Thanks so much for sending them to me Iris.

:thumbup:
More than welcome Bonnie, glad you like them

QuilterMomma 10-12-2011 06:35 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Ok, here is a block I did. Will it pass? I switched up the design a little. I like them and I don't. I did the HSTs and they seem tedious to me. These wings were more of a challenge. Had to toss out a couple becuase I did not cut well. Found that if I use my flat pins, the rotary cutter and ruler, I did more of an accurate job. Will have to work on doing more than two colors. You look at it long enough it looks different. Think I will send it off.

QuilterMomma 10-12-2011 06:38 PM

Is there something I am missing? there seems to be a large buildup of fabric on the joining pieces.

Rhonda 10-13-2011 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma
Is there something I am missing? there seems to be a large buildup of fabric on the joining pieces.

What do you mean? What part of the Wings block? can you take a pic of the buildup? Your quilt block looks great to me.

QuilterMomma 10-13-2011 10:22 AM

It is where the seems join together. I pressed it all to one side. The seems are like when you do an eight point star, you have bulk at joining seams. I mailed the block already so can't photo it.

Rhonda 10-13-2011 11:22 AM

It is where the seems join together. I pressed it all to one side. The seems are like when you do an eight point star, you have bulk at joining seams. I mailed the block already so can't photo it.

I iron my seams open. that might help.

sgardner 10-13-2011 11:10 PM

If that every happens, starch the heck out of it and press it with an iron. It WILL be flat after!

Rhonda 10-16-2011 01:25 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here is the quilt block I received from Stitchengramie. It is one of my very favorite quilt blocks and she did a terrific job on it!

Flora
[ATTACH=CONFIG]272468[/ATTACH]

maggy 10-16-2011 04:02 PM

2 Attachment(s)
OCT BOM that I made. The Card Trick. Very easy to make.

DSCF9038
[ATTACH=CONFIG]272513[/ATTACH]

PokerDiva 10-17-2011 04:45 PM

2 Attachment(s)
My apologies to klgreene. My computer was in the shop but I received this wonderful block from her last Tuesday. I have not had the nerve to try these yet. It is beautiful and I love it. OK, this one should have been in OCT. See I am going crazy.