Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Rhonda's Very First Wall Hanging Swap!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/rhondas-very-first-wall-hanging-swap-t190538.html)

ssnare 06-13-2012 06:29 AM

I think you can make it however you want to. An example might be the 4 different seasons or a flower where each block is the same, such as a petal of the flower, but together, they make the whole flower.

Originally Posted by stitchengramie (Post 5285297)
Am I suppose to use 4 different blocks in the wall hanging or can they all be the same?

Rhonda 06-13-2012 10:22 PM

You can do what ever you like with the quilt blocks. They don't even have to be the same size or same anything. The only real requirement is that you use 4 quilt blocks but they can be any style any size anything you want to use. You can add more quilt blocks if you like and you can add any kind of sashing or embellishments or anything you can think of to make it more creative. It's all up to you.

ssnare 06-14-2012 01:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a picture of the first block for my wall hanging. It measures 12 1/2"

Rhonda 06-14-2012 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by ssnare (Post 5289133)
Here is a picture of the first block for my wall hanging. It measures 12 1/2"

Very cute ssnare! Love your colors

kiffie2413 06-14-2012 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by marytoddliz (Post 5285273)
Kif, have you heard of the book "Keep your mouth shut and wear beige" bt Kathleen Gilles Seidel. It is about the mother of the groom and it is a real funny book. My wonderful quilting buddy and total best friend gave it to me.

My son is also getting married this year, maybe October but date not set yet! Don't they know that I have to know how much time I have to do Stuff! LOL, I am going to make them a double wedding ring quilt, and that alone will take me a really long time! I told my DIL to be she might see it by their golden Anniversary if she is lucky!

I also opened my big mouth and said I would make her dress! But I really don't mind as she is such a sweetie and will not turn into a Bridezilla.

Hi Marybeth,
I haven't heard of that particular book, but had heard of the saying...as a matter of fact I told ds and dil to be when I was looking for my dress to wear that I had heard the mother of the groom is supposed to wear beige and be quiet...lol...my ds bless his "darling" ;) heart replied, "Well at least you can do one of those mom.". Meaning I can't be quiet!! I replied, "Well, I don't look good in beige!"...We all had a big laugh!! I hear ya on getting everything done...I keep "volunteering" to do things, too...but like you, I know they both appreciate everything, and we are so thrilled about the wedding and all! I am finishing a version of this quilt for them..I am using beiges, browns, and blacks as the colors, and dil to be loves stars, so I am using star fabrics, too...I hope to post a pic when I have it finished, here is the link:
http://www.free-quilting.com/images/...large/3297.jpg
Take care,
Kif

stitchengramie 06-16-2012 02:54 AM

I am going to go buy my fabric today for my wall hanging. I got me a part-time job as a sewer to make money to fund my quilting habit. All the money that I make will be used to buy fabric and so forth.

Rhonda 06-16-2012 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by stitchengramie (Post 5292328)
I am going to go buy my fabric today for my wall hanging. I got me a part-time job as a sewer to make money to fund my quilting habit. All the money that I make will be used to buy fabric and so forth.

Congrats Mary on your part time job! Post pictures of your fabric if you can! I haven't decided on mine yet.

nancia 06-16-2012 10:22 AM

i know what i'm going to do! and for once this won't be an original design, and i will give full credit to the designer.
i had a horrific revelation! my computer went down , and i made a flimsy and finished a jacket and did the dishes. who knew you could do all that in a day?? lololol. let's just hope and pray it doesn't happen again!! (shudder and quake):D:D

ohonda-- are we posting pics, or keeping things mysterious?:shock: is the finished product going to be a surprise saved for the 31st of october?

Rhonda 06-18-2012 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by nancia (Post 5293489)
i know what i'm going to do! and for once this won't be an original design, and i will give full credit to the designer.
i had a horrific revelation! my computer went down , and i made a flimsy and finished a jacket and did the dishes. who knew you could do all that in a day?? lololol. let's just hope and pray it doesn't happen again!! (shudder and quake):D:D

ohonda-- are we posting pics, or keeping things mysterious?:shock: is the finished product going to be a surprise saved for the 31st of october?

Lots of pictures please!!!! Noone will know who is getting it so it won't spoil any surprise. Everyone will still be surprised when they see which one they get!!

buffy2 06-19-2012 09:35 AM

Hi Rhonda I would like to sign up if I am not to late
ada