Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Round Robin #10 Blue Jays (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/round-robin-10-blue-jays-t225918.html)

alikat110 04-19-2014 03:27 PM

Pming address....looking good!

ckcowl 04-23-2014 02:19 PM

I sent the 'quilt' out in Tuesday- you should have it by the end of the week. :) now just patiently waiting for the next arrival. :) as I continue to pull together my sewing space.

ckcowl 04-26-2014 03:08 AM

alikat---just wondering---did the quilt arrive? I sent it out last Tuesday- my receipt said you should receive it on Thursday...did it get there?

alikat110 04-26-2014 10:52 PM

Hi ck...yes I got the quilt. Excited to start working on it. Gonna look for fabric in the morning....

ckcowl 05-24-2014 02:39 AM

our group has had no activity in almost a month---anyone still playing along???? we should be nearing the end of our rounds- I sure hope the quilts continue on their journey's home to their owners- it seems to have been a pretty stressful project with lots of (life happenings) it will be good to be able to finally be finished with it.

ckcowl 05-26-2014 02:33 AM

I went through all of our 'posts' this morning-looking at the pictures that have come in- the quilts are looking quite nice- the only one I have not received yet to work on is Alikat's...and wondering if it has ever turned up???? it is so sad when one goes missing- sure hope it turns up soon. I will say- one time a number of years ago I sent one out (Michigan to Georgia) in March...it finally arrived in October! all that time it was traveling around in a Postal truck....we had tracking info & could not locate the package...then when least expected there it was...so, don't give up, but lets hope it shows itself soon...one of those reasons it is so important to put addresses on the package and inside- and use insurance & delivery confirmation- if there is insurance on it the post office is much less likely to let it 'go missing' knowing they may have to 'pay up'. anyway- will keep hoping it shows soon. :)

Nexxus831 05-27-2014 12:00 AM

Nope it still has not shown up sadly. My mother (lestrong601) and I made then sent her a lap size quilt. I know it's not her top but we just felt like we had to do something

Originally Posted by ckcowl (Post 6731318)
I went through all of our 'posts' this morning-looking at the pictures that have come in- the quilts are looking quite nice- the only one I have not received yet to work on is Alikat's...and wondering if it has ever turned up???? it is so sad when one goes missing- sure hope it turns up soon. I will say- one time a number of years ago I sent one out (Michigan to Georgia) in March...it finally arrived in October! all that time it was traveling around in a Postal truck....we had tracking info & could not locate the package...then when least expected there it was...so, don't give up, but lets hope it shows itself soon...one of those reasons it is so important to put addresses on the package and inside- and use insurance & delivery confirmation- if there is insurance on it the post office is much less likely to let it 'go missing' knowing they may have to 'pay up'. anyway- will keep hoping it shows soon. :)

alikat110 06-01-2014 08:12 PM

Confession time....I am running behind on this center. Design choice done. Most of the piecing of individual blocks done. Gotta sew them together, determine coping strip size and start sewing. May be next weekend before I get it done. Also, I promise to post a pic of the wonderful top sent to me by nexxus and her mom. I am blown away by their generosity!

c joyce 06-05-2014 11:47 AM

musicaljan quilt top on the way back home

1 Attachment(s)
It went in the mail today -express mail with insurance. Tracking number is 1313 0580 0000 1925 9399. I'm going to try and attach a picture. It has been a pleasure working on all your tops and as usual, I feel like I've had the opportunity to work on some very talented quilter's tops. Each round challenged me either with design or color and I hope you are pleased with my efforts.

alikat110 06-06-2014 04:32 AM

Cjoyce....this is a fabulous finish. Great quilt!