Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Round Robin #10 Cardinals (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/round-robin-10-cardinals-t225917.html)

Nexxus831 10-09-2013 03:08 PM

Okay dokie.....it's hard sometimes to keep everything straight. I completely understand

Dragonfly Nana 10-09-2013 05:37 PM

Thanks - I feel horrible. This is the only deadline I have every missed in 4 years. I won't miss the next one.

Nexxus831 10-10-2013 09:21 PM

Okay not a problem I worry more about those that don't respond at all. I at least know your around and been helping get your mom all settled at your brothers place. I am close with my mother but don't we could live together for very long but my youngest brother and her do live together..well my dad is there too but they are very close and get along wonderfully

Dragonfly Nana 10-11-2013 07:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I finished my block tonight. You guys said you wouldn't mind helping me with a quilt for my work neighbor who loves purple so her is what I came up with for the center.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]440796[/ATTACH]
Sorry the background is so dark - but it is nighttime.

Dragonfly Nana 10-11-2013 07:09 PM

As a note - she also loves all the citrus hues like lemon, lime, orange, and hot pink so the sky is the limit with bright colors if you think they will work in your round.
Again, my apologies for being late.

Dragonfly Nana 10-12-2013 06:04 AM

Hey Melinda - I don't see a picture of your center posted. Please share one and I can make a composite picture to put on the thread.

SandyinZ4 10-12-2013 07:44 PM

DragonflyNana, Wow! What a fab center. I am just following this thread to get ideas since I am in my first one (Roadrunners). Kind of scary...making something for someone else. A TR or MR is not so bad but to work on something that will eventually be a quilt. Yikes.

zzmom 10-12-2013 09:44 PM

Love your block. It has a real wow effect to it:) Great job!

Originally Posted by Dragonfly Nana (Post 6344074)
I finished my block tonight. You guys said you wouldn't mind helping me with a quilt for my work neighbor who loves purple so her is what I came up with for the center.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]440796[/ATTACH]
Sorry the background is so dark - but it is nighttime.

Dragonfly Nana 10-22-2013 03:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Calling on all Cardinals - and other quilters reading this thread. I need your opinions on my idea for my round on the center below that SazuBMidlands made.

Since it is 24 1/2" square I was thinking of doing 4" pinwheels. The background is very dark - almost black so I was thinking about using a gold-ish yellow as one part for all of the pinwheels and the other part of each one would be one of the other colors in the circles- teal, red, green, brown. Thoughts?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]442710[/ATTACH]

Elisabrat 10-25-2013 05:50 AM

I absolutely love pinwheels Paula and that is such a fun center, reminds me of a birthday party with confetti.. pinwheels would be perfect. is it going on point or staying square???