Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Round Robin #10 Cardinals (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/round-robin-10-cardinals-t225917.html)

Nexxus831 08-21-2013 01:52 PM

I can promise you I will not give up. I can't take pictures as I threw the stuff in the trash. I was so mad at it. Thank goodness I was just using scrap fabric and testing the waters first. I do like the precision of the paper piecing though.

Originally Posted by alikat110 (Post 6246673)
Hmmmm....trying to understand. I always sew the fabric to the back side of my pattern with the first piece facing away from the paper and subsequent pieces with rt sides together, and flip after stitching....I never have issues with this. Maybe pictures would help me understand what you are doing...just don't give up!. Once mastered, it is so fun and precise!

Dragonfly Nana 08-21-2013 02:11 PM

I think the problem might have come from "scanning" the pattern and then printing it. Most patterns are to traced which keeps them the correct direction on your sewing template.

Alikat - help me out here but I think that when you paper piece the printed side (traced line) of the paper is on top so the unprinted side is toward the fabric which is below the paper.

alikat110 08-21-2013 04:34 PM

Dragonfly, that is absolutely correct. This way, you see your stitch line.....

Dragonfly Nana 08-21-2013 05:40 PM

Good. Sometimes a scanner can "flip" an image and we don't realize it - that would make the printed side of her paper the reverse of what she wanted.
That would royally mess it up.

Nexxus831 08-21-2013 08:05 PM

Hmmmm Ok I am afraid to trace my templates as I don't have the steadiest hands. Any recommendations people?

Originally Posted by Dragonfly Nana (Post 6248091)
Good. Sometimes a scanner can "flip" an image and we don't realize it - that would make the printed side of her paper the reverse of what she wanted.
That would royally mess it up.

alikat110 08-22-2013 01:04 AM

Nexxus...I actually copy all of mine on my home copy machine. I have never had a pattern "flip". If concernen, determine how many you need, & take to a copy center. Just be sure to check each copy to ensure it is a good copy. If it where to "flip" all of them would and then you'd just have the entire thing in reverse....

Dragonfly Nana 08-22-2013 02:52 PM

good advice Alikat - always check against the original

Nexxus831 09-08-2013 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by SazuBMidlands (Post 6183888)
Hi All :-)
I'm Sarah, I like in Birmingham in England. I'm 31, and am getting married to my wonderful fiance, Graeme, at the end of September. ...

I hope you aren't stressing out too much about the wedding. Enjoy the day and have a wonderful honeymoon. We shall look forward to hearing all about the honeymoon trip.

Lestrong601 09-17-2013 01:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Ladies, I completed my block and got it out in the mail to SazuBMidlands. Thanks have fun

[ATTACH=CONFIG]436568[/ATTACH]

alikat110 09-17-2013 02:04 PM

Oooh! Lestrong...that is pretty. I love the fall colors.