Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Round Robin July to December 2016 (deadline for sign-up July 30, 2016) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/round-robin-july-december-2016-deadline-sign-up-july-30-2016-a-t280675.html)

Kassaundra 08-02-2016 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by Ripped on Scotch (Post 7617530)
Well I changed my center. I didn't like how the fairy looked in real life so I made a new center. It's supposed to have curved parts but my plan is to curve them after. I'll mail it out this afternoon.

I love that "rounding" technique. I've made the dragon fly and a turtle using it, and a stylized version of the storm at sea.

maryb119 08-02-2016 02:47 PM

Beautiful center, ROS. I will watch for it in the mail.

TwinRiverFarm 08-02-2016 05:15 PM

I can"t wait for the mail, Vovoa! I was auditioning fabric for your border this morning, but it will be best to hold my enthusiasm in for a couple days. Mailing my block tomorrow, too.

givio 08-02-2016 07:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My center is in the mail too. I'm looking forward to finding out how long it takes to get there! Here's how my center looks with the fabric I mailed along with it. Don't feel like you have to use the fabric-- just do whatever you like. :-)

TRF, me too, a little auditioning going on here too, but about the pattern, not the fabric. I've got the fabric decided already. lol

ROS, That's an unusual pattern for your block. I've never seen anything like it, that I can remember. An interesting start! Have you got a picture or drawing of how it looks with the curved parts? Is that applique you will add to create the curved parts?

Kassaundra, I loooove the Storm at Sea pattern! Have you got a picture you could share of the stylized version you made?

Ripped on Scotch 08-03-2016 05:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
It is a block from the Atlantis BOM. This is the Sea flower block, month 4 I think. it was the one that looks the most like a wreath block. all the straight edges are actually folded fabric so right now there are "pockets" they fold back to create the curves.

I did different colours slightly but I like it. I also threw in the rest of the fabrics that I had from the center so if you need something it is there. or at least something to match to.

givio 08-03-2016 06:17 AM

ROS, Oh my gosh, that's gorgeous!!

maryb119 08-03-2016 06:53 AM

That is beautiful, ROS!!! I will have to put on my thinking cap for this one!

vovoa 08-03-2016 10:35 AM

TwinRiver my tracking number is9500-1104-4257-6215-0038-85. Should be there Friday. So much fun can't wait to see it!

givio 08-04-2016 06:45 AM

For people who have mailed internationally, what is your advice for packages from the States to Canada? I was told at the post office that Priority Mail would not be faster to the border than regular mail would be, and that after the border the customs number could be used for tracking. Is this your experience too?

Kassaundra 08-04-2016 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by Ripped on Scotch (Post 7618154)
It is a block from the Atlantis BOM. This is the Sea flower block, month 4 I think. it was the one that looks the most like a wreath block. all the straight edges are actually folded fabric so right now there are "pockets" they fold back to create the curves.

I did different colours slightly but I like it. I also threw in the rest of the fabrics that I had from the center so if you need something it is there. or at least something to match to.

Always surprising how much of a difference that last rounding step makes in these blocks. Yours is the one I know exactly what I would do for the next step, I would turn it on point and make the dragonflies w/ the same technique.